Release clause - Bruce

57 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Does the word 'confidential' not mean anything to you? I don't believe it's part of an agent's job description to go around breaking NDAs in contracts.

I'm sure it happens regularly since it's so easy to get away with it, but it certainly shouldn't happen and I'm glad Chansiri is fighting it if he is confident this has happenened to us and screwed us over.

In the meantime we are 9 days from the start of the season with no manager, no first team coaches a squad that has massive holes in it, we are currently under an embargo with the EFL. 

But yes focus all of your energy into get the premier league to fine a premier league team for paying a release clause in someone contract.

I know business is done different in Thailand and he chairman may well see what has happen as an insult but we got £3.5m for Steve Bruce the most money we have got for any transfer in 15 years. Move on and get the team ready for the start of the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

For Bruce and co to have walked the contractual compensation will have been paid. Otherwise they would be insane to do so. 

We simply wanted more and are annoyed that it was done via an approach to Bruce to find out the trigger rather than approaching the club. 

I think the problem for us is that what Newcastle have done is ok legally, whereas our stance reflects that they have come in and ruined our pre season and that the right thing to do would’ve been to go over and above the minimum requirement. However if they won’t do that what can we do?

Move on I suppose and limit the damage.

You are just speculating. We aren't saying anything other than what is in the press releases and anyone would be daft to listen to anything said by the other side or their mouthpieces in the media.

Why not let it rest until the PL investigation whitewashes the situation and we see if DC wants to take it further. As far as the club is concerned it's on the backburner for a while. All that will happen is we will release documents to the PL and a few employees might get interviewed.

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

. Move on and get the team ready for the start of the season. 

Is it beyond the realms of possibilty that both can be done...how will pisssing newcastle off be so damaging to the new season?

Not entirely sure but i think the legal team do not get involved in pre-season training, team selection etc.

Though i bet the players can't sleep at night worrying about it..:rolleyes:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But yes focus all of your energy into get the premier league to fine a premier league team for paying a release clause in someone contract.

I don't remember saying that.

I don't expect Chansiri is doing as such either, but that should be patently obvious so I'm not sure why you even said it.

18 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibilty that both can be done...how will pisssing newcastle off be so damaging to the new season?

Not entirely sure but i think the legal team do not get involved in pre-season training, team selection etc.

Though i bet the players can't sleep at night worrying about it..:rolleyes:

Everton did the same thing to Watford they ended up paying £4m in compensation.

NUFC have taken our manager we have been paid £3.5m yes its shitty what they did, but this is football - loyalty counts for nothing anymore. I just don't see the point of it, for the legal costs and time we will probably end up worse off than we are now.

The legal team should be concentrating on getting us out of an embargo, the chairman should be concentrating on getting a new manager in asap, then the new manager can get some players in for left back, right midfield, central midfield central defence cover before the transfer window shuts 2 weeks today.

Instead for the last two weeks all we have heard is Bruce related.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

I don't remember saying that.

I don't expect Chansiri is doing as such either, but that should be patently obvious so I'm not sure why you even said it.

Why do you think a club put a buy out clause in a contract, it kind of gives it away in the name.

The contract is a legal binding deal between the club and the manager if the manager want to show that contract to someone else he has not done anything wrong unless he has signed an NDA and I will be very surprised if Bruce has sign an NDA to not disclose his signed contract.

If that the case they why put a buy out clause in the contract in the first place.

All that will happen is we pay a lot of legal fees to achieve a sorry from NUFC.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

NUFC have taken our manager we have been paid £3.5m yes its shitty what they did, but this is football - loyalty counts for nothing anymore. I just don't see the point of it, for the legal costs and time we will probably end up worse off than we are now.

Yeah I guess you don't.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Why do you think a club put a buy out clause in a contract, it kind of gives it away in the name.

The contract is a legal binding deal between the club and the manager if the manager want to show that contract to someone else he has not done anything wrong unless he has signed an NDA and I will be very surprised if Bruce has sign an NDA to not disclose his signed contract.

If that the case they why put a buy out clause in the contract in the first place.

All that will happen is we pay a lot of legal fees to achieve a sorry from NUFC.

I tend to agree with this.

I'm sure buy out clauses are common place in football managers' contracts. As you say earlier there appears to be precedence in disputes between clubs in these matters.

The issue appears to be whether SB disclosed the fine details of the contract to NUFC allowing them to manoeuvre and dictate SB's departure from SWFC and sign a 3-yr contract with them. Hardly Russian-sponsored espionage.

I still can't see why it matters, as SB said DC gave him permission to talk to NUFC the week when the team where in Portugal. If the written compo has been paid, what is the point of pursuing this, particular criticising NUFC when it's SB who was the party in the contract in the first place - NUFC are only paying what's in the contract release clause and appear to have done this?

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

tenor (1).gif

• Haha 1

This isn't very rocket sciencey, but if you attempt to join the dots, it's looking highly likely we haven't been paid the 3.5 mil.

Bruce's 'its between the clubs' comment.

Ashley being a tw@t.

DC reporting Newcastle to the PL.

Ashley being a tw@t

The varying rumours in the press of the payout being between 1m - 4m.

Ashley being a tw@t

Bruce resigning.

Not to mention Ashley being a tw@t.

I'm afraid this latest saga is far from being played out.

22 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

This isn't very rocket sciencey, but if you attempt to join the dots, it's looking highly likely we haven't been paid the 3.5 mil.

It's the Azerbaijan debacle all over again. lol

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

In the meantime we are 9 days from the start of the season with no manager, no first team coaches a squad that has massive holes in it, we are currently under an embargo with the EFL. 

I know business is done different in Thailand and he chairman may well see what has happen as an insult but we got £3.5m for Steve Bruce the most money we have got for any transfer in 15 years. Move on and get the team ready for the start of the season.

Keeping the plates spinning is routine at the corporate level, multi tasking is no problem, responsibilities will have been delegated. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Does the word 'confidential' not mean anything to you? I don't believe it's part of an agent's job description to go around breaking NDAs in contracts.

I'm sure it happens regularly since it's so easy to get away with it, but it certainly shouldn't happen and I'm glad Chansiri is fighting it if he is confident this has happenened to us and screwed us over.

He’s got no chance of getting anything against Newcastle as there is no contact between Wednesday and Newcastle, as regards to Bruce and Wednesday there might be a chance but I doubt it as it will be his word against Wednesday , as Newcastle are not going to throw their own manager under the Bus.

we should forget about it and get on with appointing our new manager as the season starts soon 

7 hours ago, prowl said:

You are just speculating. We aren't saying anything other than what is in the press releases and anyone would be daft to listen to anything said by the other side or their mouthpieces in the media.

Why not let it rest until the PL investigation whitewashes the situation and we see if DC wants to take it further. As far as the club is concerned it's on the backburner for a while. All that will happen is we will release documents to the PL and a few employees might get interviewed.

I don’t think it’s daft to listen to what the other side put out, it can be considered and viewed in context as much as anything else.