Out of soft embargo by Wednesday, hector by friday

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Have we had KW bound up in the back of the white van then until he signed?! 

I suspect the previous contract ended on June 30th. The fact that he signed for us my signify a relaxing of an embargo. The rest is irrelevant. He had the option to join another club. That was his prerogative but he chose to accept another deal.

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Not sure but it would make sense for player registrations to automatically become defunct as soon as the contract officially ends. Otherwise they would not be able to sign for another club.

I believe registrations are transferred, they're not time bound to my understanding

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

Good. I'm glad he did. 

I don't think he would have unless he believed that the club were laying a strong base to build on. I obviously don't know but I suspect that offers from elsewhere were better financially. I can only think that he believes Wednesday is the better option from a footballing perspective.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

I don't think he would have unless he believed that the club were laying a strong base to build on. I obviously don't know but I suspect that offers from elsewhere were better financially. I can only think that he believes Wednesday is the better option from a footballing perspective.

On the face of it, probably. Coupled with kids being fans, family life, location. Who really knows? At his age he might be comfy exactly where he is. He might also see the potential behind the scenes with SB. 

Just now, The only way is S6 said:

On the face of it, probably. Coupled with kids being fans, family life, location. Who really knows? At his age he might be comfy exactly where he is. He might also see the potential behind the scenes with SB. 

Not sure about location because, as I understood it, one of the other clubs interested were Huddersfield. He would not have needed to uproot for that and they could offer more money because they have parachute payments.

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

I suspect the previous contract ended on June 30th. The fact that he signed for us my signify a relaxing of an embargo. The rest is irrelevant. He had the option to join another club. That was his prerogative but he chose to accept another deal.

Unless, of course, we signed the deal before the 30th and just didnt announce it.

4 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

We had an optional 1 year extension, so he would have been our player whether he signed the deal or not. Happy he has signed a 2 year deal though.

55 minutes ago, jack whitham said:

Dom Howson just tweeted me to say the embargo is still ongoing.

To be fair to the OP when he said embargo lifted Wednesday he probably didn’t mean the local press would be told about it before 9am on that day