What's an acceptable season? This one and next?

On 15/06/2019 at 16:44, notts0wl said:

Top 6 anything less and something is up. Next season top 4 or surging in the prem

Was meant to say surviving but fk it surging in the prem... we all know where this club belongs 

On 14/06/2019 at 19:50, striker said:

Depends what team we have assembled for the start of the season. 

I'd like to think we'd be competing around the top 6 this coming season. 

Add in fitness - if we can buck the usual trend and maintain some decent levels this will be a big help.

This season i want patience, the season after that, patience. Of course i want to go up, But Bruce is the key, if we get stupid and get rid of him then i can't see us getting promoted any time soon. As who is better than Bruce who we can get? Just let him do his thing and in the next 5 years i am convinced he'll get us up. But the key in that is 5 years! It might take that long. Just let him get to work, hopefully it will happen before.

When SB arrived he said it might take several transfer windows to get the team how he wants it.

I'll be happy in or around the play offs this season but looking at minimum of play off next season.

I've no expectations for this season. We are a team in transition and it could take time to get things right.

Despite that I do have a sneaking suspicion that we will be in or around the play off places. If it comes to the play offs we will go up.

(OK I'm an optimist)

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

This season i want patience, the season after that, patience. Of course i want to go up, But Bruce is the key, if we get stupid and get rid of him then i can't see us getting promoted any time soon. As who is better than Bruce who we can get? Just let him do his thing and in the next 5 years i am convinced he'll get us up. But the key in that is 5 years! It might take that long. Just let him get to work, hopefully it will happen before.

I can't see Chansiri waiting another 5 years for promotion. I'm expecting us to be put up for sale if we don't go up within the next 2?

With the way things are going with the soft embargo, I'd lower our expectations and be patient. Bruce's first full season, should be a free hit at it just like the end of last season. Bruce's record deserves respect and he deserves patience. We're lucky to have a manager like Bruce. He might get us up this season but realistically it might take another year or two. I'd let him have a go without pressure because we've finally got the right man and he will get us up eventually.

We might be pleasantly surprised if we take the pressure off and trust in Bruce. This season more hope than realistic expectations I think we will be in or around the play offs, with our time coming the season after or the next one. Our chances will increase as long as we keep Bruce, improve things off the field and allow him to rebuild.

Edited by The Night-Owl

On 14/06/2019 at 21:23, torryowl said:

if we are in contention for the play offs right up to the 46th game then i'd think that would constitute a good season …...

As above, 

While we are in the second flight of English football the only thing that is acceptable is that we are still in contention for a play off spot at the end of the season.