What's an acceptable season? This one and next?

We are going into full blown recovery mode both financially and on the pitch.

We tried to get promoted with a plan that was based on very short term decisions in all respects, advisors, manager, players and narrowly failed.

Bruce has said he will need several windows to turn the squad around and I don’t think anybody would argue with that. 

He has also said that the fans expect us to be competing at the top end of the table, again can’t argue with that.

We still have players on big contracts who ideally Bruce probably doesn’t want but nobody will take them off our hands.

We can’t afford another season with top paid players not contributing so if they are still here at the start of the season he needs to use them.

We are a big club and I think Bruce is the right man to sort us out but we need to accept where we are and give him time 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

1) playoffs

2) promotion (if not achieved from previous season's playoffs).

Well done for answering the actual question rather than one that allows you to bring up your own prejudices 

:Sid:

I want us to win the league, in 53 years I've never seen us finish top of any League.  I want us to win the first 6 games, we always start badly and have to chase the pack. I want us to play like United (aaaaaargh) , pressing and going out to WIN every game, and making ordinary players believe they're footballers. it would be helpful if we had their luck too, with rivals collapsing at the end of the season. I'd like Jordan Rhodes to get his form back and Atdhe Nuhiu to score the goal that seals the title, preferably at Hillsborough v FLDC.  And, of couse, to make it an acceptable season I'd like United to finish bottom with 10 or fewer points.

• Thanks 1

All these pointless threads when no one knows which players we will have in our team or squad.

Or whether or not we can improve on last season or will suffer punishments from the football league (Forestieri, FFP).

Or whether or not the decent players we do have available will be fit & strong enough to cope with all the other teams that will be, and not be regularly injured, leaving us relying on mediocrity again.

Hearing the term "Bruce out" already, before all the above is anywhere near sorted (joking or otherwise), kind of sums it all up really.

4 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

All these pointless threads when no one knows which players we will have in our team or squad.

Or whether or not we can improve on last season or will suffer punishments from the football league (Forestieri, FFP).

Or whether or not the decent players we do have available will be fit & strong enough to cope with all the other teams that will be, and not be regularly injured, leaving us relying on mediocrity again.

Hearing the term "Bruce out" already, before all the above is anywhere near sorted (joking or otherwise), kind of sums it all up really.

Kin ell. Lighten up buddy...

23 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I want to find the bugger who farts near me

Hoots, I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise. However, I simply refuse to give up my Friday night chicken tikka balti and 8 pints of Black Bat.

Apologies once again in advance of the coming season.

On 14/06/2019 at 21:50, Ash76 said:

This is problem with supporters, it's always about expectations and adds unnecessary pressure.

Bruce said he'll need something like 6 windows, i think that's fair enough

I'll go along, try and enjoy it and hope we're challenging at the top end 

Three seasons to turn things around? Any manager that thinks he has that much time is dreaming. All on borrowed time.

I’d like to see steady progress with the first team but most of all I’d like to see some better structure to the club with regards to the youngsters and our ability to bring them through the ranks. Training facilities need to improve. All  round progress not just the first team.

Flounce over :biggrin:

Edited by Frazzlebeak

I expect play offs this coming season, at the very least, with next season we spend to stay in the premier league. 

The club has cut a big chunk from the wage bill and I expect that to be reinvested in free’s and quality loans that fit around the quality we already have. Unless we have money to spend from somewhere, in which case I expect some very good signings such as the likes of turnbull. 

In addition having the likes of Lee fit and system the players we have are happy playing and I think we have what it takes to compete for promotion.  

I see there’s an article of Cardiff and Swansea fans talking about their chances next season and they’ve predicted Sheffield Wednesday to be dark horses for promotion

Nice to hear but lots of work still to be done tho 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Haha 1