Have we sold our ground

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

All of that is fine depending on where DC puts the right of ownership for safe keeping and under what conditions it can be reclaimed.

Doesn't make any difference. Previously he could have sold the club excluding the ground anyway.

3 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

What a bizarre turn this threads taken, I don’t see the problem in a owner of the club moving funds around and buying something he already owns and could sell off if required anyway. Unless i an missing something? 

Yes you are an M instead of an N .......

Where you been ? 

Missed you ......xx

Just now, 2roland2 said:

No your right, Chansiri who had never heard of us 6 years ago came and bought us because he loves us , money wasn’t an issue, he did it for love lol  

fizz me our fans are amongst the most gullible in the world

Now you're resorting to strawman arguments.  As I said you're making things up as you go along.  

Just now, Triple O said:

Doesn't make any difference. Previously he could have sold the club excluding the ground anyway.

Yes it does make a difference. At the moment, it is on the asset register of SWFC Limited. When it is sold, it won't be. That in itself is not an issue as long as certain safeguards exist.

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I never said it wasn’t a gamble, but if the gamble pays off and they stay in the prem they make money, that’s what 95% of the owners are trying to achieve. If anyone thinks Chansiri or any other owner is here because they love our club or football then I have some magic beans for sale. 

i don't honestly think he is mate he doesnt need it - I have my own thoughts on it  

validation in his country and family is one of them 

It's DC choice what he does, for me it's totally wrong and extremely short sighted and will fetch no where near the £60m DCFC got.we will be lucky to get more than £20-25m which might cover the costs for a season based on current losses.

It will be very interesting how the EFL react to this, if they have been kept in the dark, as we have been working to a plan set out by them, hence the soft embargo last season and no points deduction or fines. The club have not filed account but will have had to provide forecasts and accounts to the EFL. They could be fine  with selling the ground or they could see it differently, if they have not been kept in the loop.

I am sure we will find out in the next few weeks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Yes you are an M instead of an N .......

Where you been ? 

Missed you ......xx

I am a very busy and important man. I can’t be faffing around here all afternoon with rif raf like you. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Yes it does make a difference. At the moment, it is on the asset register of SWFC Limited. When it is sold, it won't be. That in itself is not an issue as long as certain safeguards exist.

no difference. He could have split the assets on sale. It is done all the time.

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

It would seem it is hard for you to understand though, you can’t see the problem with the club not owning the ground, it is a very dangerous thing.

DC owns the club AND the ground ,so the club WILL still own the ground. 

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

What a ridiculous thing to say how can you possibly know the motives of anyone let alone owners of football clubs?    You're in danger of making things up as you go along.

With all due respect, I highly doubt DC invested in swfc for the love of the club and for the folk of Sheffield.

Right now, DC can sell off whatever he wants to whoever he wants, because he owns everything, if this happens, then he will still be able to sell whatever he wants, to whoever he wants, only, the club will have more money because. hes sold it to himself.

well if derby villa and another unnamed club have done the same im not worried ,its a very complicated subject but unless the premier league money was filtered down more its always going to be massively unfair to everyone else .I think the 3 year rule should be scrapped as some clubs like wolves spent 50 million in just 1 season . if losses were allowed at 25 million per season that would seem fairer  anyone breaking the rules should have a 12 month embargo/fine ,cause as it stands the losses over a  3 year period don't work when some owners chuck huge amounts at it in 1 season. 

9 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Shakes head, go and do some research pal, he can’t just wind us up for no reason

Ok I’ve researched https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/company-strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration/strike-off-dissolution-and-restoration

I can’t see anything in there that says football clubs are a special case

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

DC can now sell the club without the stadium, you think that is a good position for the club and fans to be in?  Ask Coventry if they think it is. 

He could have sold the club without the stadium anyway. He owns everything. I've literally just been through this with you concerning Bolton. Anderson started asset stripping the club, selling off car parks, training ground but couldn't sell the ground because of the protection order. There is no protection order on Hillsborough, DC can sell it seperate from the club if he wants.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

DC can now sell the club without the stadium, you think that is a good position for the club and fans to be in?  Ask Coventry if they think it is. 

He can sell as little or as much of the assets in his ownership as he wants. Nothing has changed.