Have we sold our ground

7 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

:Sid: you are like the Owlstalk furniture now, how have they not banned you yet? Is Neil dead? 

I've eaten him ......

This is just a touch of heartburn at present ..

Look out for the diverticulitis and irritable bowel stage.

it could get messy ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wasn't the rules brought in to prevent football clubs spending beyond theirs means and without the clubs going out of business.

We don't like the rules, I hate the uneveness the parachute payments have cause and they need scrapping. But rightly or wrongly before Bolton this week no club has gone bankrupt or into administration for a very long time.

does everyone honestly think this is being done to right the ship or allow DC to waste another £10-15m in trying to get promotion again. Then if that does work, what next?

I would rather the chairman buy all the corporate boxes for £2m a season and give them to local charities he get £2m into the club But in a positive way.

That was the party line when FFP was introduced, but really, it was to keep the prem a closed shop, hence the extortionate parachute payments, while restricting anyone without them from actually being able to compete. 

Just now, marcx666 said:

That was the party line when FFP was introduced, but really, it was to keep the prem a closed shop, hence the extortionate parachute payments, while restricting anyone without them from actually being able to compete. 

Correct, best post on this thread all day 

but it’s all Chansiris fault, how dare he have ambition to see SWFC back in the premier league 

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I've eaten him ......

This is just a touch of heartburn at present ..

Look out for the diverticulitis and irritable bowel stage.

it could get messy ...

I’ve got a mask in case you gamble and lose 

4 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Old Roland on his red circle spree..............................don't think i've ever seen one guy give so many in such a short space of time...........................tis quite funny actually.

Ahh I dunno, remember when JTO used to do it, although that was because he was banned from posting :Sid:

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

I know a 23 team league all the teams that come down have 3 years and £40m a season to get back up.

If Sunderland are promoted they will be financial more stable that is because of the parachute payments it's the madness of the league.

But all the 24 league teams voted in this system.

2 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Old Roland on his red circle spree..............................don't think i've ever seen one guy give so many in such a short space of time...........................tis quite funny actually.

Its like when you ask a 5 year old “why?”  and they just answer “because” lol

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I know a 23 team league all the teams that come down have 3 years and £40m a season to get back up.

If Sunderland are promoted they will be financial more stable that is because of the parachute payments it's the madness of the league.

But all the 24 league teams voted in this system.

Actually Room,if you only stay in the prem for 2 seasons ya don't get three seasons worth of parachute payments.

• Haha 1

Imagine people actually not assuming the most negative outcome is a given, actually backed the chairman/manager and team and actually believed we could get promotion

Imagine that !  Apathy rules in our fanbase, and Roland with his mental health insults when anyone dares question him 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Correct, best post on this thread all day 

but it’s all Chansiris fault, how dare he have ambition to see SWFC back in the premier league 

We should be building a solid club from the ground up, decent youth team players coming through mixed with a few experience players and good use of the loan market.

Instead for the last 4 years we have spunked £100m+ on players and wages, and now sit with 11 first team players out of contract, our saleable assets in the last year a two of contracts, no youth coming through and lossing circa £15-20m a season.

Well the ground keeps the losses down for one season. We are not building for the future just delaying it a season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Imagine people actually not assuming the most negative outcome is a given, actually backed the chairman/manager and team and actually believed we could get promotion

Imagine that !  Apathy rules in our fanbase, and Roland with his mental health insults when anyone dares question him 

Wonderful if it happens but Dejphon's record vis-a-vis financial management of the club has not been the best thus far. You could call it one more spin of the barrel in a game of financial Russian Roulette.

5 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Actually Room,if you only stay in the prem for 2 seasons ya don't get three seasons worth of parachute payments.

Sunderland were there a lot longer than 2 seasons promoted back end of 2009 if memory serves me though I am 40 :Sid: 

Edited by room0035

8 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Go and research further than a government website .......

He is trying by consulting expert and knowledgable advice, ie, you - apparently. I'm basing this on the fact that you have categorically and confidently stated DC can't just dissolve Sheffield Wednesday PLC.

I hope to God that you're right, and he cant simply settle all existing external debts and dissolve Sheffield Wednesday PLC. Reassure us of this? 

My understanding is he simply has to convene a board meeting and get the majority of directors to sign a Declaration of Solvency, then appoint an Independent Liquidator with support of 75% of shareholders to liquidate assets of the company and settle any creditors in full. 

Why can't he do this? 

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Ahhhhhh do you want a kiss to make the nasty thing go away too???  If you are interested in success not your club wherever it is then go and follow flipping Man City or sommat 

So what we saying here  ?  let’s scrap any ambition of promotion, stagnate in the championship which would more than likely result in relegation like it would have done if we had continued under MM with zero investment, and just be happy that kids for a quid will be back to entice the few that don’t wanna watch premier league football at the Lane ?