Have we sold our ground

24 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

One season fix we can’t sell it again wonder what Chansiri has up his sleeve for 12 months time failing promotion, doubt he’s even thinking that far. Shows our mess selling the ground should be the last resort and one which will cause more problems down the line when DC decides he’s bored of owning a football club 

Hopefully the plan is to stick within the rules by buying and selling accordingly. They are the sounds from Bruce anyway 

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

As you both say according to the rules he can only put the amount he has put in according to DC, but in the same league other chairman within the rules put in a lot more money and found ways for their clubs to trade without having to sell their stadium.

Presumably they are just lucky.

For example?

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

People slating this - need to realise Bruce wouldn't have come nowhere near us if this wasn't agreed or in plan at the start of last year.

This must've been the safety net to allow Bruce to come and spend. 

I don't see an issue with it, Chansiri will have bought us out - he owns the club anyway, if we get out of FFP then so be it 

Or do we want to be loitering around mid table again next year or...?? 

Agree other option is to tread water and take 10 years to get the ffp straight.

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Of course we don't get actual cash. But solves an immediate problem. If he or an associate has bought it got to be better than a loan from who knows where with interest like the old charter house deal. 

Unfortunately quite a lot on this thread think this is the green light to go, when the reality it is more putting the brakes on to stop going through a red light

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

As you both say according to the rules he can only put the amount he has put in according to DC, but in the same league other chairman within the rules put in a lot more money and found ways for their clubs to trade without having to sell their stadium.

Presumably they are just lucky.

Good grief 

Just now, mkowl said:

Unfortunately quite a lot on this thread think this is the green light to go, when the reality it is more putting the brakes on to stop going through a red light

I think the allowable appreciation will be slim...2.5mill max.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Negged 6 times for worrying about our ground being sold out of the clubs hands Lol,  no doubt by the same people who didn’t want Bates in for those similar reasons. 

Tell you now this will will come back and bite us on the arse big time and once again our fans will blindly let this slide as if it’s a good thing.  Football is fizzed 

Fail to see the sale of "our ground" to "our Chairman" being out of the clubs hands.............................................unless of course there's some shyster hiding behind some 3rd party cack.

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Very true. I'd see it more as an amber light, depending on how much 'profit' it's generated and how it appears on our accounts. It may serve us very well further down the line in terms of P&S, particularly when the loss-making seasons drop off the rolling 3 year P&S periods.

Just now, 2roland2 said:

I would rather our club be ran properly without taking any more flipping ridiculous gambles thanks. I want it here in the future because I will support Wednesday no matter what league we are in. 

People really would sell their souls just to languish in the prem. fizz me I despair. 

Not selling our soul though is it he owns the club and think he cares what he does. Football has totally changed ok not always for the better but it's not going to go back to the old ways. Yes would still support whichever league but rather be challenging near the top than the lower leagues

Just now, 2roland2 said:

If you don’t see the problem then I ain’t going to spend time trying to explain it.  The club will no longer own the ground. Chansiri will. 

Now judging his ability to throw his toys out of the pram do you think this might end up being a problem??? Because I certainly do. 

Alright sweetheart,loosen thi bra strap jeeeez,Chansiri OWNS SWFC as it is,and no i don't.

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I think the allowable appreciation will be slim...2.5mill max.

Sort of pointless doing it

Pride Park was sold for £80m and generated a £39m profit in the accounts 

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

If you don’t see the problem then I ain’t going to spend time trying to explain it.  The club will no longer own the ground. Chansiri will. 

Now judging his ability to throw his toys out of the pram do you think this might end up being a problem??? Because I certainly do. 

Caution is needed. But chansiri already owns the stadium and club, he could separate and re-amalgamate as he sees fit at any point or as part of a future sale if that was what he was minded to do. I was more concerned when the idea was to sell to an associate or family member whereby there would be the need to have them do as DC wishes in the future.

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Minton said:

Very true. I'd see it more as an amber light, depending on how much 'profit' it's generated and how it appears on our accounts. It may serve us very well further down the line in terms of P&S, particularly when the loss-making seasons drop off the rolling 3 year P&S periods.

Yep can't argue with that 

7 minutes ago, Minton said:

That’s how I see it. If we can turn a potential 25m loss into a 5m profit following a 30m ground sale then this helps not only this time with P&S but with the next 3 years rolling figures 

Just hope now more of a control on wages will be introduced and try to use frees and loans a lot better

14 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Negged 6 times for worrying about our ground being sold out of the clubs hands Lol,  no doubt by the same people who didn’t want Bates in for those similar reasons. 

Tell you now this will will come back and bite us on the arse big time and once again our fans will blindly let this slide as if it’s a good thing.  Football is fizzed 

It wont be though will it . DC will just be shuffling the official deeds for the ground . He will still own it. 

Just now, 2roland2 said:

So yeah you are selling your soul then, less than a year ago he was sat in a fans forum telling people he would leave because he didn’t like the criticism he deserved. 

The long term future of the club is much more important than rolling another dice. He’s eventually going to run out of rolls, that’s a fact, and do you think he’s just going to turn around and say ok I did my best and thank the fans and walk away wiping off the debt????

If this is true he now holds the only key asset of our club, if he has a fall out ( already happened ) or if he wants to hold potential future buyers to ransom we are fizzed.  

Some fans on here are a hell hell of a lot more trusting than me that’s for sure because this is possibly the worse thing for the club since I was born.  

Why cant we just try something normal like running the club efficiently without gambling???? Live within our means. 

We can but we would end up like Rotherham.

The owner has ambition and cash to back it up, Let him get on with it and enjoy the ride, It's not like he's remortgaged your house is it.