Have we sold our ground

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

No he can’t. 

Of course he can, the directors of any business can decide to cease trading and disolve the business anytime they like. Why would SWFC Ltd be any different?

Edited by kirksandallowl
Autocorrect

44 minutes ago, Prince said:

Rotherham are a very good example of not spending to match ambition hence why they bounce between the leagues.

I would argue he is living within his means as they appear to be vast and the only thing stopping him dipping into his personal wealth is the fact P&S says he can't. We just have to go with it I am afraid if we want to compete at the top end of this league or we can just make up the numbers.

We don’t have to live within Rotherham’s means. 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Sorry, I have already stated it about five times in this thread, go and read it. 

I was also very clear as to why I’m negative, I do t give a fizz if he’s from Azerbaijan , Thailand, Greece, Israel or Sheffield. I just do t want our club to be in trouble. I would rather us not gamble the future of our club, I have stuck by this view from mi ute o e of him taking over. 

If you can’t see the problem fine, but trust me it leaves us in a very uneasy position.

WHAT POSITION? Jesus, If you can't explain yourself properly, then fizz off.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Sorry, I have already stated it about five times in this thread, go and read it. 

I was also very clear as to why I’m negative, I do t give a fizz if he’s from Azerbaijan , Thailand, Greece, Israel or Sheffield. I just do t want our club to be in trouble. I would rather us not gamble the future of our club, I have stuck by this view from mi ute o e of him taking over. 

If you can’t see the problem fine, but trust me it leaves us in a very uneasy position.

So you wanna be a middle of the road league one club ? Let’s take no risks at all and all live happily ever after with kids for a quid and adults for a tenner every week

Fundamentally do not understand some of our fanbase, do they want promotion ? I seriously question it 

This bloke has, and continues to pump money into the club come up against an absolutely ludicrous scheme called FFP, found a way around it to give the club another chance of promotion just as other clubs in the division have done ... and he’s hounded and hounded for it 

I’m at an absolute loss with some of our fans 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Karl Oyston tried to do it. It can’t happen and won’t happen, the stadium being owned separately though is a totally different problem, with that he can do whatever the fizz he wants. 

Do t mean to be blunt but Go and do some research rather than asking me to do it. 

Yet, Ken Anderson has pretty much done exactly that at Bolton, took the club to the verge of liquidation, so yes, owners can do that. Some, like that c*nt Anderson, will try, because they only care about themselves. Chansiri, is NOT Anderson, he actually does seem to care about the club, albeit he had limited knowledge of the game, and was badly advised.

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

you wanna be a middle of the road league one club ? Let’s take no risks at all and all live happily ever after with kids for a quid and adults for a tenner every week

Sounds ok to me.

29 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It does actually give him a new way to eventually make money - sell the club for less than he would have accepted yesterday but keep the ground and claw back some money in rent.

Like at United. But that seemed exceptionally daft from the prince. 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So you wanna be a middle of the road league one club ? Let’s take no risks at all and all live happily ever after with kids for a quid and adults for a tenner every week

Fundamentally do not understand some of our fanbase, do they want promotion ? I seriously question it 

This bloke has, and continues to pump money into the club come up against an absolutely ludicrous scheme called FFP, found a way around it to give the club another chance of promotion just as other clubs in the division have done ... and he’s hounded and hounded for it 

I’m at an absolute loss with some of our fans 

That’s a very rose tinted view of his approach so far. He’s wasted a fortune on a terrible transfer strategy and now he’s selling our ground to avoid a transfer embargo and points deduction. Yeah, maybe it will allow him to spend some more and have another go but his motivation is to get us out of a huge hole of his own making.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

That’s a very rose tinted view of his approach so far. He’s wasted a fortune on a terrible transfer strategy and now he’s selling our ground to avoid a transfer embargo and points deduction. Yeah, maybe it will allow him to spend some more and have another go but his motivation is to get us out of a huge hole of his own making.

Selling it to who 

3 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Doesn't this make a complete joke of FFP if clubs have to go these lengths to raise funds?   

Of course, but we all know FFP was just another way of keeping the Prem a closed shop, despite how they dressed it up.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Go and read the thread you simpleton. Or indeed fizz off as you say. 

I've seen you say

If you don’t see the problem then I ain’t going to spend time trying to explain it

As previously stated 

Sorry, I have already stated it about five times in this thread,

but no ACTUAL explanation of what you think the risks are.  The risks caused by the man who owns the entire club, grounds, training grounds, players, name, logo, paperclips and club crested notepads, buying the stadium with a company and leasing it back to us like 75% of the premier league and a fair number of EFL clubs have done for more the 20 years.

What I think is that you don't like Chansiri (for whatever reason) and you are blindly trying to find anything you can to try and beat him with, even after everyone has pointed out that what you have in your hands is not a stick, but a soft, sandalwood scented pillow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1