Have we sold our ground

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

How do you know this can you back up your claims with evidence?  I would hazard a guess that you just making stuff up again.

Do you seriously think people buy football clubs for the love of it?

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Right, yes he could but it wouldn’t have made sense, if we get in a even bigger mess and even admin, he still owns the biggest asset to us which wouldn’t be taken, so if we get in trouble and he loses control of the club, the new owners very well might not own the ground......... you see the potential problems?  Like I said ask coven try fans what they think. 

SO, he could do that now. If he gets in trouble, flog the ground. The amount of clubs which own their own grounds thee days is getting smaller. The freeholds of the stadiums of Arsenal, Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, Stoke, Swansea and West Ham are all owned by either a 3rd party or their respective councils, and thats just the prem.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

You will find it, I ain’t doing your work for you because I’m not wasting time proving someone wrong who has zero idea, it’s friday night and I’m off for a beer....

I’m not asking for proof just your opinion, it’s called debating maybe you could try it. 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

well if derby villa and another unnamed club have done the same im not worried ,its a very complicated subject but unless the premier league money was filtered down more its always going to be massively unfair to everyone else .I think the 3 year rule should be scrapped as some clubs like wolves spent 50 million in just 1 season . if losses were allowed at 25 million per season that would seem fairer  anyone breaking the rules should have a 12 month embargo/fine ,cause as it stands the losses over a  3 year period don't work when some owners chuck huge amounts at it in 1 season. 

Wasn't the rules brought in to prevent football clubs spending beyond theirs means and without the clubs going out of business.

We don't like the rules, I hate the uneveness the parachute payments have cause and they need scrapping. But rightly or wrongly before Bolton this week no club has gone bankrupt or into administration for a very long time.

does everyone honestly think this is being done to right the ship or allow DC to waste another £10-15m in trying to get promotion again. Then if that does work, what next?

I would rather the chairman buy all the corporate boxes for £2m a season and give them to local charities he get £2m into the club But in a positive way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Because it could potentially complicate any future sale of the club if the ground isn't a part of the deal.

He could try to sell the club but retain ownership of the ground - this is what happened down at Oxford United.

Any sensible purchaser would want to buy the ground at the same time they buy the club or at least a cast iron lease on set terms for many years.

Bet Chansiri would’ve been delighted if someone had told him a few year ago that all the fans wanted was to be a mid table league one club,  no need to spend millions old boy just give us kids for a quid and cheap tickets we’ll accept that 

I’ve also heard from a very reliable source he has sold the ground to Steve Bruce who is going turn the pitch into a massive cabbage patch in the close season- we will all get a cabbage put on our seats when we play Villa (providing they don’t go up ) to hurl at their fans/ players - if Villa do go up he’s just going to keep the cabbages or sell them to Sainsbury’s up the road