Enquiry for Bannan

Guest addedtime

34 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I hate to say it but with £100m plus a year from EPL TV money and parachute money if they go down, even the scrubbers at the stain can afford him now.

Depends how much is left after McCabe and the bog roll prince have taken their share.

They gambled £32k per week on Madine and almost £30k on Hogan. They're going to have to uplift their wage structure for the rest of the squad and they don't own their better players. Plenty of money to be spent yet eating into that budget, just to stand still before contemplating trying to compete with established PL clubs. 

Edited by striker

46 minutes ago, addedtime said:

Because it's interesting and relevant? 

Honestly, its neither of those things

1 hour ago, striker said:

Why would they keep enquiring for players they can't afford. Sounds like wilder showing off to his scrubber mates, rather than a serious enquiry. 

They could afford Fox maybe?

They’ve just been promoted, not exactly going to be scraping the barrel are they 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest addedtime
9 minutes ago, JumboRex said:

Honestly, its neither of those things

However the FF for £14m which is less likely than this gets zillions of pages. I guess your face does have to fit on here.

Guest addedtime
18 minutes ago, striker said:

Depends how much is left after McCabe and the bog roll prince have taken their share.

They gambled £32k per week on Madine and almost £30k on Hogan. They're going to have to uplift their wage structure for the rest of the squad and they don't own their better players. Plenty of money to be spent yet eating into that budget, just to stand still before contemplating trying to compete with established PL clubs. 

They were only paying half those.

Even if this rumour were true (forgive me for being sceptical but I think it is gonads), who would Bannan be brought in to replace?

Norwood? - I think he is one of the best signings that Wilder made and, in my opinion, was among the key reasons that they ended up getting promoted. We rate Bannan but most independent observers I would think would have rated Norwood higher on last season's showing.