Rhodes salary this cant be true.

15 hours ago, RichieB said:

There was a guy who was quite high up at Wednesday that said none of our players earned more than £35k a week at a forum. 

Think he said he was the owner or summat. 

I think many players contracts are quite complicated and it may be true that the basic salary of a player might not be over £35k per week.
But with things like signing on fees, bonus payment after so many games, win bonus, goal bonus etc it might take some of Wednesday top players over £2m earned over a season.
I have even read that its not unusual for footballers to get a bonus for NOT asking for a transfer during a certain amount of time.

43 minutes ago, alanharper said:

If they pay a loan fee for the season then it usually can't be terminated, and he's been in their squad pretty much every week but has barely been used. Not started a game since October and only used for more than 20 minutes twice since then. It's quite likely that they have first option to buy, and possibly even agreed a fee. But it wasn't a loan deal with an obligation to buy, because those deals are confirmed and public knowledge from the start (and the transfer takes place in the next transfer window which would have been January). If they want him, they need to stump up the agreed fee, if they don't and we reject whatever lower sum they're offering he comes back to us.

You said " If we want him back we have to pay back the loan fee and wages paid to him."

Which means that in theory had Rhodes suddenly "done a Pukki", rediscovered his goalscoring form from 5-6 years ago, and virtually singlehandedly got Norwich promoted, they could then just turn round now and say actually we don't want him to play for us in the PL now that we're loaded, so we're sending him back to you and by the way you've got to give us the loan fee and his year's wages back so we've had him free for a year and you've paid for our promotion.

That's really not very likely to be true, is it?

That was during the loan as its now over its no longer the case

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think many players contracts are quite complicated and it may be true that the basic salary of a player might not be over £35k per week.
But with things like signing on fees, bonus payment after so many games, win bonus, goal bonus etc it might take some of Wednesday top players over £2m earned over a season.
I have even read that its not unusual for footballers to get a bonus for NOT asking for a transfer during a certain amount of time.

Heard on the radio a while back that a Man city player can't remember who gets £75k everytime he makes an assist.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Bit of a stab in the dark here ..

Is this why the accounts are delayed ?

EFL have been informed of a possible large adjustment pending transfer /sale of an asset ? 

these are 17-18 accounts aren't they ?  when was the Rhodes deal done ?

19 hours ago, Shot down in flames. said:

So my dads boss was sat in our kitchen earlier he isn’t an owl or a pig, not sure who he supports if I am honest, is very high up at a large company that operates across Europe, he regularly gets top level hospitality at football up and down the country, directors box seats,  was at Norwich a couple of weeks ago and talking to one of there directors, said that they were paying half his wages and Wednesday the other half as the deal, reckoned Norwich are paying him 36k a week as are we surely he can’t be on 72k but the way things were back then it is plausible. If it is true (personally I doubt it) no wonder we are in a pickle!

FFS keep it down will ya?, we told norwich he was on £72k so when they paid what they thought was half, we had his wage covered. lol

• Haha 3

I wonder if there is an option in place for Norwich to make the deal permanent? I suspect Bruce would like him back but listening to what he had to say on the subject the other week, it didn't sound that straightforward?

53 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I wonder if there is an option in place for Norwich to make the deal permanent? I suspect Bruce would like him back but listening to what he had to say on the subject the other week, it didn't sound that straightforward?

Nixon just told me Rhodes not staying at Norwich.

22 hours ago, Shot down in flames. said:

Were you sat in my kitchen earlier? And why post it, I am 40 years old I heard something from a source I trust so as it was Wednesday related I thought I would post on a Wednesday fans forum

"From a source you trust but you don't think it's true!" At the very least that's a paradox but thanks for sharing.

Could be plauseable he's on £36 grand a week here, bonuses would probably make it up around the £40k Mark that's usually banded about. 

Though I think he may have heard it wrong and Norwich are paying "HALF" of his 36 k meaning about £18 k which is entirely plauseable. 

12 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

They are fellas and both dead I can't be that unlucky surely ? 

Surely............?

Well, being a wednesdayite used all your good luck up.

So when you get your dream job don't be surprised if  Mandy Dingle comes knockin'

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Well, being a wednesdayite used all your good luck up.

So when you get your dream job don't be surprised if  Mandy Dingle comes knockin'

If only you knew Sarge 

If only you knew .........:ph34r:

JR = £ 55k Per week ..............

• Thanks 1