Rhodes salary this cant be true.

1 minute ago, Shot down in flames. said:

So my dads boss was sat in our kitchen earlier he isn’t an owl or a pig, not sure who he supports if I am honest, is very high up at a large company that operates across Europe, he regularly gets top level hospitality at football up and down the country, directors box seats,  was at Norwich a couple of weeks ago and talking to one of there directors, said that they were paying half his wages and Wednesday the other half as the deal, reckoned Norwich are paying him 36k a week as are we surely he can’t be on 72k but the way things were back then it is plausible. If it is true (personally I doubt it) no wonder we are in a pickle!

There is absolutely no chance that Rhodes is on £72k a week. I don't think hospitality includes inside information on players contracts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Norwich paid all wages and that figure sounds correct for his wage.  he was reported on about £35,000 per year when he signed for us.They also paid us a loan fee of over £1,000,000.

2 minutes ago, londonowl said:

There is absolutely no chance that Rhodes is on £72k a week. I don't think hospitality includes inside information on players contracts.

Don’t believe it myself but this guy does sit in regularly with directors who knows what people talk about after a few, what I am saying is I doubt it’s true but I don’t doubt that he had the conversation 

• Haha 2

If Norwich think they are paying half his wages and that is £36K I reckon we have stitched them up like a kipper. 

£36k would be a decent guess at his wage.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Shot down in flames. said:

So my dads boss was sat in our kitchen earlier he isn’t an owl or a pig, not sure who he supports if I am honest, is very high up at a large company that operates across Europe, he regularly gets top level hospitality at football up and down the country, directors box seats,  was at Norwich a couple of weeks ago and talking to one of there directors, said that they were paying half his wages and Wednesday the other half as the deal, reckoned Norwich are paying him 36k a week as are we surely he can’t be on 72k but the way things were back then it is plausible. If it is true (personally I doubt it) no wonder we are in a pickle!

36k a week maybe. Not 72k.

Guest LondonOwl313

72k might be the cost of his wages and the transfer fee spread by number of weeks combined.

28k wages

8m fee divided by 3.5 x 52 = 44k per week

72k total