Rhodes salary this cant be true.

Why oh why do people keep posting this s**te?? "I've heard from my cousins auntie's best friend who mops the floor at ......insert club here! Then top it off with "I don't know how true it is"

So why post it? - and to think there's only 12 weeks more of this before we kick-off a new season :wacko:

• Haha 1

The most glaring thing about this thread is that whatever the real figure is, it's an obscene wage relative for what he does.

Not to mention what poor value he has been for us.

The sooner he's gone, the better.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

31 minutes ago, Shot down in flames. said:

So my dads boss was sat in our kitchen earlier he isn’t an owl or a pig, not sure who he supports if I am honest, is very high up at a large company that operates across Europe, he regularly gets top level hospitality at football up and down the country, directors box seats,  was at Norwich a couple of weeks ago and talking to one of there directors, said that they were paying half his wages and Wednesday the other half as the deal, reckoned Norwich are paying him 36k a week as are we surely he can’t be on 72k but the way things were back then it is plausible. If it is true (personally I doubt it) no wonder we are in a pickle!

I got hammered on here for saying boro signed him on 60k a week in the champ about 3 year back. The year they got promoted, I still have no reason to believe the guy who told me that was lying.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LiamAP22D said:

I got hammered on here for saying boro signed him on 60k a week in the champ about 3 year back. The year they got promoted, I still have no reason to believe the guy who told me that was lying.

I've been told the same thing 

Source Blackburn and Boro.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I was told from a good source that Rhodes was on £62,500 per week when he signed.

I put it on here a few times.

if true, £36K per week would be Norwich’s approximate cost when you include Employers NI.

It's our fault we wanted him 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Why oh why do people keep posting this s**te?? "I've heard from my cousins auntie's best friend who mops the floor at ......insert club here! Then top it off with "I don't know how true it is"

So why post it? - and to think there's only 12 weeks more of this before we kick-off a new season :wacko:

Were you sat in my kitchen earlier? And why post it, I am 40 years old I heard something from a source I trust so as it was Wednesday related I thought I would post on a Wednesday fans forum

Edited by Shot down in flames.

Whatever his salary is you can see how such a range in earnings across the club causes discontent and likely create an atmosphere where some players aren't willing to work as hard as others. Its better to have the players on closer salaries I think. 

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Whatever his salary is you can see how such a range in earnings across the club causes discontent and likely create an atmosphere where some players aren't willing to work as hard as others. Its better to have the players on closer salaries I think. 

Think Rhodes said he was unpopular at Wednesday when he signed on loan at Norwich maybe this is why 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shot down in flames. said:

Think Rhodes said he was unpopular at Wednesday when he signed on loan at Norwich maybe this is why 

Listening to a lot of ex players on the Under the cosh podcast almost all of them seem to acknowledge or think less of players coming in on big salaries and and upsetting the dressing room whether intentionally or unintentionally. At our level and in our situation i really can't see how you'd get a team willing to run through mud and give everything when one player passing to another is probably earning about 20k less a week. Its too much of a gap. Im sure we've already addressed a lot of that by releasing loads thankfully. 

57 minutes ago, Shot down in flames. said:

So my dads boss was sat in our kitchen earlier he isn’t an owl or a pig, not sure who he supports if I am honest, is very high up at a large company that operates across Europe, he regularly gets top level hospitality at football up and down the country, directors box seats,  was at Norwich a couple of weeks ago and talking to one of there directors, said that they were paying half his wages and Wednesday the other half as the deal, reckoned Norwich are paying him 36k a week as are we surely he can’t be on 72k but the way things were back then it is plausible. If it is true (personally I doubt it) no wonder we are in a pickle!

What I really want to know is....why was he sat in your kitchen? Did he raid the chocolate draw?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Listening to a lot of ex players on the Under the cosh podcast almost all of them seem to acknowledge or think less of players coming in on big salaries and and upsetting the dressing room whether intentionally or unintentionally. At our level and in our situation i really can't see how you'd get a team willing to run through mud and give everything when one player passing to another is probably earning about 20k less a week. Its too much of a gap. Im sure we've already addressed a lot of that by releasing loads thankfully. 

Players on £500k per year feeling unmotivated because someone in the same side is on more money then them gets zero sympathy from me.

58 minutes ago, owltilidie said:

36k per week sounds about right. The rest seems ridiculous; someone has got wires crossed and multiplied it by 2

(hopefully)

Whatever it is it can be better spent elsewhere.

Hopefully someone will come in for him but I have a feeling that won’t happen.

4 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Whatever it is it can be better spent elsewhere.

Hopefully someone will come in for him but I have a feeling that won’t happen.

Rhodes is probably on too much money for another club to take a punt on him.

Small chance he might go out on loan again but Wednesday are likely to have to pick a big % of his wages.

I thought when we signed him its was a game changer but sadly not the way we all wanted.