Rhodes salary this cant be true.

47 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Players on £500k per year feeling unmotivated because someone in the same side is on more money then them gets zero sympathy from me.

Its not about sympathy at all. Its about the fact that it genuinely happens because theyre human beings and it happens in every other line of work. Probably very frequently. So if it does happen you have a problem with squad morale and harmony, e.g FF with his bike. I'm not saying all players should be paid the same but im saying i can see how some become unmotivated.

1 hour ago, Quist said:

Norwich paid all wages and that figure sounds correct for his wage.  he was reported on about £35,000 per year when he signed for us.They also paid us a loan fee of over £1,000,000.

Sounds about right except he was on around £30k a week.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Whatever his salary is you can see how such a range in earnings across the club causes discontent and likely create an atmosphere where some players aren't willing to work as hard as others. Its better to have the players on closer salaries I think. 

Whatever his salary he's made an absolute fortune for sitting on a bench for 2 years contributing absolutely nothing. Not bad work if you can get it. 

• Like 1

Norwich have "first refusal" to sign him. If we want him back we have to pay back the loan fee and wages paid to him.  Fee is still being negotiated by the clubs with Norwich wanting to pay less than first agreed

1 minute ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Double that.

At Wednesday? He was on 60k at Boro and took a 50% cut when he joined us

Edited by darra

Just now, darra said:

Norwich have "first refusal" to sign him. If we want him back we have to pay back the loan fee and wages paid to him.  Fee is still being negotiated by the clubs with Norwich wanting to pay less than first agreed

They hardly played him last season

Why would they sign him ?

Seems a strange one.

They hardly played him last season

Why would they sign him ?

Seems a strange one.

I agree but it seems they still want to sign him?

• Thanks 1

That's a hell of a haircut

Wonder if he's changed his agent!!!

:Sid:

Desperate to get away from Karanka? And no he hasn't

Edited by darra

Question is if his loan is over which it is why has he not returned to us. It was announced that all our players we loaned, Hector et all have returned to their parent clubs. Nothing about Rhodes as yet. When Bruce was asked at the end of the season he said he didn't know what was happening with Rhodes.

3 minutes ago, darra said:

Question is if his loan is over which it is why has he not returned to us. It was announced that all our players we loaned, Hector et all have returned to their parent clubs. Nothing about Rhodes as yet. When Bruce was asked at the end of the season he said he didn't know what was happening with Rhodes.

Bit of a stab in the dark here ..

Is this why the accounts are delayed ?

EFL have been informed of a possible large adjustment pending transfer /sale of an asset ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1