Opinion on Fletcher.....

20 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I'm gonna regret this but what is our record with Bannan in a 2 compared to Bannan out wide ?

Looked at this in 15/16 and 16/17. Wouldn’t know where to even start looking to find it now.

But it was very clear that Bannan wife didn’t work.

Don’t forget it took Bruce 45 minutes to end it as an experiment.

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I guess they can manage quite nicely on Barry's wage.

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Looked at this in 15/16 and 16/17. Wouldn’t know where to even start looking to find it now.

Didn't we have our best season where we were one game away from the prem with Bannan WIDE? Lets be honest tho, didn't he have Pelupessy and Boyd in there that day Bannan wide was never gonna work.

His wife has stopped working since that season and look how downhill we have gone, for god sake woman get a job !!!!

• Haha 2

He's never been a prolific goalscorer. Whatever his other attributes we need goals to get promoted and he won't supply them. Poor VFM

This is re. Fletcher bye the way.

Edited by Hougoumont
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just wondering peoples thoughts on the potential of Fletcher leaving. Were all interested to see who will be retained or released and who if any of our sellable assets (Reach Bannan Forestieri Joao) will be sold. But no one has spoken about Fletcher.

This time last year most would have been looking to move him on, decent player but questionable injury record, doesn't score enough and as a certain pig said is one of many on 40k a week !!!! However, this year he has had a good year especially since Bruce came in, looks a lot fitter and has scored goals.

However, what do we do if someone does come in for him ? Do we take the money and save on wages or keep him for the last year of his deal in the hope his form continues ?

Personally I would take the money and hope that Bruce can get the best out of others or be canny in the transfer market. 40k a week is a big saving for FFP.

Thoughts ?

none of our current strikers can replace him....would have to bring a target man in if he left

..would need to bring somebody in

3 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Missed chances and penalty cost us a place in the play offs.  If Celtic come in for him with a cash offer we should look at it esp. if we have managed to find a younger more mobile target man or Bruce thinks Joao can step up.

Yeah, blame one of our most consistent players for having a penalty saved which may have lost us 3 points rather than the majority of the first 22 games of the season that our inept former manager wasted.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Don't remember her playing that much so can't pass an opinion on this, is she as injury-prone as Abdi as she hasn't been in the squad for ages? Hope she's not on £40K a week as well!

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I'm gonna regret this but what is our record with Bannan in a 2 compared to Bannan out wide ?

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Maybe try playing her in a different position then ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I think if you are going to have a few old pros around then Fletch is the right profile.

An excellent professional.

I tried that once, r lass proper kicked off when she came in from work :Sid:

• Haha 2

A fit fletcher and a rejuvenated Rhodes with wingers whipping the ball in nice and early will do just great for me, 2 of the finest headers in the division, they do lack pace but if we’ve got wide boys with it in abundance and crossing them in from the byline and those 2 coming in around the penalty spot, the goals will certainly come

No one is above being sold, particularly given the predicted constraints.

However, as others have said I somehow think it unlikely bids will come in for despite his performances this season.

If we can keep him fit he can be a real asset next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

he has been a disappointment spent far too much of his time injured ,35k a week over a 4 year deal ,id say he has been worth 15k a week no more . 

Just out of interest. Where is this £35k pwk figure from?

• Thanks 1

It's always good to have some experience about, always benefits the squad...

He is a player that I would like us to keep especially in the form hes been in. I'm not going to lie though, everytime he goes in for a challenge and come up limping I always fear the worst. I just hope he stays fit... but if a reasonable offer came in, I'm not sure what would be best.

• Like 1