Opinion on Fletcher.....

45 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

he has been a disappointment spent far too much of his time injured ,35k a week over a 4 year deal ,id say he has been worth 15k a week no more . 

He is worth what he currently contributes to the team which, this season, has put him among our top performers. In the current market, it is unlikely that we could get a like for like or better option for £15000 per week so he is clearly worth more than that.

8 hours ago, billyblack said:

Rhodes and forestieri missed penalties for us too. Well FF did. Rhodes didnt take his

Yep and all of them cost us. FF away at Brighton when we ended up losing even though they went down to 10 men which would have put us 3 points behind them in the race for autos. 

JR away at Leeds. FF play off semi. 

Fletcher vs Villa. Basically, we don't get many pens but when we get important ones, or have important sitters our strikers don't have the bottle. 

Fletcher bottles most easy chances. 

If you're happy being a plucky supporter of bottlers at big moments then maybe Fletcher and Rhodes are good enough for you but I want more. So as discussed, if a decent cash offer comes in and we have an alternative lined up then get rid of the weak minded strikers. 

This post is the reason why your fans and not involved with the club. Fletcher has been Fantastic for the team and is one of the first names on the team sheet regardless of what he earns. 

He offers so much more than Joao & Nuhiu. 

Good bloody night 

Edited by WORKSOP_OWL
Spelling

2 minutes ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

This post is the reason why your fans and not involved with the club. Fletcher has been Fantastic for the team and is one of the first names on the team sheet regardless of what he earns. 

He offers so much more than Joao & Nuhiu. 

Good bloody night 

GoodNight. 

Edited by flo

I was never a fan of Fletcher and was quite suprised when we signed him,more so when I learned the length of contract given his past injury troubles.

I just saw him as an upgrade for Nuhiu and expected him to be off and to a degree he is,but hes been dogged by injury during his time here,as have quite a few,which doesnt help with team selection and consistency up front.

His work rate and effort cant be questioned,but its goals that win games,we need a more mobile,potent,pacey striker if wer to compete at the top,for me Joao has been better when hes been fit,and more potent.

Fletch has had more games this season then Id thought hed play and at times hes stood out,but his conversion rate is poor and always has been.

I've probably been Fletcher's biggest critic since he arrived here. I still feel for the money he's on he's not contributed enough in his time here. This season however he's been excellent and Bruce has got the best out of him.

If someone came in for him however I think we might have to consider it. While I agree it's unlikely that a club would bid a large amount for a 32 year old on £40K a week it isn't completely out of the question. This is Championship football we're talking about here. He's had a good season and someone with money who might want an extra option off the bench might come in and be willing to pay the money.

If he doesn't leave then I hope he carries on the level of form that he's shown this season, if he does then we've got a decent asset in what will hopefully be a team that can challenge for the top 6.

14 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Yep and all of them cost us. FF away at Brighton when we ended up losing even though they went down to 10 men which would have put us 3 points behind them in the race for autos. 

Fletcher vs Villa. Basically, we don't get many pens but when we get important ones, or have important sitters our strikers don't have the bottle. 

If you're happy being a plucky supporter of bottlers at big moments then maybe Fletcher and Rhodes are good enough for you but I want more. So as discussed, if a decent cash offer comes in and we have an alternative lined up then get rid of the weak minded strikers. 

Not fans of rhodes or FF, can both go for me. Fletcher is our best striker at the moment however in my opinion.

I don’t think many other clubs would take Fletcher at his age and on his current salary. Luckily, he is playing fantastically well and is easily our best forward. 

Our problem isn't Stephen Fletcher - it’s Jordan Rhodes. We need to sell Rhodes but if we can’t, we need to get him contributing to the level of performance his salary and transfer fee indicate he should. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Best pair of glasses in the World you'e got there mate. 

Given the position we’re in (both in terms of needing to refresh the squad and in terms of FFP) I think we have to be open to offers for any of our contracted players. 

That said, I doubt another club would come in for Fletcher with the sort of offer that would make selling him worthwhile. 

23 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Just out of interest. Where is this £35k pwk figure from?

am I wrong? someone told me hooper on 29k and fletcher is our top earner on 35k a week and he is defo in the know. if you have seen different I wont argue. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

He is worth what he currently contributes to the team which, this season, has put him among our top performers. In the current market, it is unlikely that we could get a like for like or better option for £15000 per week so he is clearly worth more than that.

have to disagree ,on his day he is a handful for any team ,but that aint often enough and he has no pace and offers very little in front of goal I think he will be here until his contract ends as cant see a club out there what would match his wages.

On 01/05/2019 at 13:34, Lord Snooty said:

32. One some decent wedge.

I'm not sure of the takers.

If he keeps up the form he's showed though then Bruce might be keen to have him around.

Like everything its all going to depend on the budget isn't it.

We've also got to remember he signed for free and players always ask for more wages on a free, so that should be taken into consideration especially when judging the signing. If hes on 40k a week thats roughly 11 mill over 5 years, take away his potential fee (id say half) when we signed him, in cost terms to us hes been about 20k a week really (if we paid for him, thats not too shabby). To replace him will cost a fee, so id say if he will take a bit of a drop in pay give him another year. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1