So Frustrating!

That last kick equaliser we conceded v Norwich is going to do for us this season! If we'd held on we really would be in with a half decent chance now.

Mind you could say the same about the games v Baggies (both of them) and Brum at home!

Why do we always have to make it so hard for ourselves? With Bruce at the helm I'd have seriously fancied our chances.

6 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

That last kick equaliser we conceded v Norwich is going to do for us this season! If we'd held on we really would be in with a half decent chance now.

Mind you could say the same about the games v Baggies (both of them) and Brum at home!

Why do we always have to make it so hard for ourselves? With Bruce at the helm I'd have seriously fancied our chances.

It aint over till our Lass sings 

• Haha 7

This is what we need;

Owls; 2 Wins

Derby County; 1 Draw (has to be Bristol) & 2 defeats

Bristol City; 2 Draws & 1 Defeat (1 draw has to be Derby)

Boro- 1 draw & 1 defeat

Swansea- No more than 6 points from the last 3

All assuming there is not a massive swing in our GD by us battering Preston and/or QPR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It's been frustrating for 3 years really. The side in DC Year One needed tickling into shape and we'd have got over the line. Since then it's been an almost weekly decline with the odd moment steeling us through and pumping some hope into the collapsing veins.

It's not quite mathematically impossible now but I'm already prepping myself for the summer break and looking forward to what the gaffer can do when he puts his own stamp on the squad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

This is what we need;

Owls; 2 Wins

Boro- 1 draw & 1 defeat

All assuming there is not a massive swing in our GD by us battering Preston and/or QPR

The fat lady has sung a three hour opera, got a take-away and caught the last bus home.

• Haha 5

You could look at the 6 points dropped against the 3 of the bottom 5 we had, the game against Leeds ,West Brom or the joke added time against Norwich but what really cost us was the first 30 games of the season with the best keeper in the league sat in the stands, the midfield general not allowed to play and too many kids not ready for championship quality games playing week in week out.

we have missed a chance this season that may not come around again, the current manager and first team 20 players have done us all proud for the last 15 games but Jos and DC cost us this season one being unable to manage a team, the other not having a clue how to run a football club and once again leaving it too long to get shut of jos the dross. The same way he did the season before with Carlos.

another month of no jos and we would have been top 6 that simple.

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The fat lady has sung a three hour opera, got a take-away and caught the last bus home.

This being a bus with incorrect destination signage and has two detonated injectors ...

It's stranded awaiting recovery ..

In the mean time the "Big Unit " has been kidnapped on the roadside by aliens from a distant planet known as "Abdicenturia"....

Who knows what may happen from here on in ?.....

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

This is what we need;

Owls; 2 Wins

Boro- 1 draw & 1 defeat

Not sure I can see us winning both those games about 8-0 if I'm honest! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Yeah, but, that opera dun't count cos she had larinjy,  larringit, larynjy,,

a sore throat, FFS

If she's been with Larry N Gitis I'm not surprised she's got a sore throat, I've heard he's a very big lad!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Just this very morning I was sat having my morning constitutional and was thinking exactly the same thing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

There's the other end of the spectrum on this

Safe to say, it was daylight robbery that we got 2 points off of Rotherham United this season. I bet they'll be saying the same if they go down, those 4 dropped points against us has cost them.

Had Leeds have a 20 goal a season striker, it would have been a cricket score instead of a 1-1 draw at Hillsborough earlier in the season. 

Even the first half at Ashton Gate, Bristol City should have been out of sight. How that was 0-0, I don't know

Not forgetting the most anti game of football ever when our 10-0-0 tactics got our first clean sheet. David McGoldrick may have helped that lot up, but he also cost our season when missing that penalty. Stoke at Hillsborough as well, when they should have been out of sight in the first half

There's at least 10 points you could say we never deserved to have got. 

When Sam Hutchinson lined up as a number 10, you had an idea our season may be a long one. Brentford away was the icing on the cake for a lot of the players if you believe some of the posts late last season

Thank goodness we have a manager this time, not someone who graduated from the Alan Irvine school of management

Edited by katie melua

50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You could look at the 6 points dropped against the 3 of the bottom 5 we had, the game against Leeds ,West Brom or the joke added time against Norwich but what really cost us was the first 30 games of the season with the best keeper in the league sat in the stands, the midfield general not allowed to play and too many kids not ready for championship quality games playing week in week out.

we have missed a chance this season that may not come around again, the current manager and first team 20 players have done us all proud for the last 15 games but Jos and DC cost us this season one being unable to manage a team, the other not having a clue how to run a football club and once again leaving it too long to get shut of jos the dross. The same way he did the season before with Carlos.

another month of no jos and we would have been top 6 that simple.

I reckon fans of most teams can look back over a season and think of what might have been in terms of a couple of last minute goals conceded or the costly poor decisions by the officials.

As you say, our main problem this season was the manager and his bizarre choices, changes of formation and changes of selection that have really cost us. When he got the boot we had 23 points from 21 games. in the 23 games since then we have picked up 40 points.

The only saving grace in leaving him in charge for so long is that it allowed us to get the option of bringing Steve Bruce in as a replacement. Whether he can lead us to success next season given the financial constraints and sales we may have to endure this summer remains to be seen but at least now we have a manager who will sort things out from top to bottom and won't let others influence his decisions.