So Frustrating!

On 22/04/2019 at 21:56, Utah Owl said:

That last kick equaliser we conceded v Norwich is going to do for us this season! If we'd held on we really would be in with a half decent chance now.

Mind you could say the same about the games v Baggies (both of them) and Brum at home!

Why do we always have to make it so hard for ourselves? With Bruce at the helm I'd have seriously fancied our chances.

I'm sure the Fletch pen v Villa was very costly too. I know that would make it 2-3 but think we'd have gone on to win.

On 23/04/2019 at 11:03, gypsyowl said:

it went after we lost to Villa, we can't do it this season because for us to be 2 points behind on the last game is so unlikely, shame about our GD as that could have been an exciting last game 

It is indeed frustrating, because the individual results we need to take it to the last game aren't that far-fetched. It certainly wouldn't be a shock if Bristol City drew with Derby, and Reading have drawn recently with West Brom, Bristol City and Norwich, so they're in the kind of form where they could get a draw at Middlesbrough, especially if they score first (even if they have just guaranteed safety). Then come the games in hand for BC and DC, both away, and both likely to be against sides with something to play for. Of course, even things did go to the last day, we'd still probably need DC, BC, Boro and possibly Swansea all to lose though.