So Frustrating!

3 hours ago, katie melua said:

There's the other end of the spectrum on this

Safe to say, it was daylight robbery that we got 2 points off of Rotherham United this season. I bet they'll be saying the same if they go down, those 4 dropped points against us has cost them.

Had Leeds have a 20 goal a season striker, it would have been a cricket score instead of a 1-1 draw at Hillsborough earlier in the season. 

Even the first half at Ashton Gate, Bristol City should have been out of sight. How that was 0-0, I don't know

Not forgetting the most anti game of football ever when our 10-0-0 tactics got our first clean sheet. David McGoldrick may have helped that lot up, but he also cost our season when missing that penalty. Stoke at Hillsborough as well, when they should have been out of sight in the first half

There's at least 10 points you could say we never deserved to have got. 

When Sam Hutchinson lined up as a number 10, you had an idea our season may be a long one. Brentford away was the icing on the cake for a lot of the players if you believe some of the posts late last season

Thank goodness we have a manager this time, not someone who graduated from the Alan Irvine school of management

Stop ruining the thread with common sense!

It'll be forever known as the what if season in my eyes. So many things contributing to us just falling short of the playoffs, which would have actually seen us in there quite comfortably. The last minutes against West Brom and Norwich are the 3 main ones. The recent one against Norwich at the time for me wasn't an issue cos we knew our chance was gone anyway. Turns out it may not have been gone actually. It is now though. 

I said before Reading at home that we had a good chance of playoffs. Made a thread about it and was told by many posters that I was wrong. Too many teams, too many points, not enough games. We then drew 3 in a row and those same posters were telling me how right they'd been and how wrong I was. Fast forward a few games and surprise surprise those posters are on the good ship optimism. This season has looked easy and impossible week to week. We've even got fans now saying we could sneak the playoffs. Alright, mathematically we could, but it's a ridiculously long shot, far longer than the shot I was told it was on the morning of the Reading game. 

What a waste of half a season by the moustachioed be11end. I'll never forget or forgive him for what he did. 

Jos should have been sacked after Norwich.

Thing is, if he did we might not have Bruce now so weirdly I'm happy he kept his job as long as he did.

People do forget though we was 6th going into October break. It went boobies up after that (well it started against WBA tbf).

It would be the most mental thing if we sneaked playoffs from here. I'm expecting us to be in the shout come the last day still.

Guest Theboylangers
9 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

It'll be forever known as the what if season in my eyes. So many things contributing to us just falling short of the playoffs, which would have actually seen us in there quite comfortably. The last minutes against West Brom and Norwich are the 3 main ones. The recent one against Norwich at the time for me wasn't an issue cos we knew our chance was gone anyway. Turns out it may not have been gone actually. It is now though. 

I said before Reading at home that we had a good chance of playoffs. Made a thread about it and was told by many posters that I was wrong. Too many teams, too many points, not enough games. We then drew 3 in a row and those same posters were telling me how right they'd been and how wrong I was. Fast forward a few games and surprise surprise those posters are on the good ship optimism. This season has looked easy and impossible week to week. We've even got fans now saying we could sneak the playoffs. Alright, mathematically we could, but it's a ridiculously long shot, far longer than the shot I was told it was on the morning of the Reading game. 

What a waste of half a season by the moustachioed be11end. I'll never forget or forgive him for what he did. 

Absolutely this in bold. It makes my blood boil what he did. 

In fact, I need a lie down every time his name is mentioned. An absolute fraud of a manager.  

4 hours ago, Theboylangers said:

Absolutely this in bold. It makes my blood boil what he did. 

In fact, I need a lie down every time his name is mentioned. An absolute fraud of a manager.  

Good to know that someone can ruin your life over a game of football lol

Guest Theboylangers
41 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Good to know that someone can ruin your life over a game of football lol

Not sure I said it has ruined my life but you carry on inferring. 

That you can think of individual games that might be the difference between us making the top 6 or not is one hell of an indicator of the job Bruce has done.

Ultimately Jos was such a disaster that chucking points away against West Brom, Norwich etc shouldn’t mean anything. He’s dragged us into a position where we can now look at those games and consider them costly. 

The Norwich goal is frustrating as we gave away possession.

However, the season was lost under Jos. Dreadful team selection and tactics. Unforgivable.

This squad under Bruce for the season would have made the play offs.

Just now, heppers said:

The Norwich goal is frustrating as we gave away possession.

However, the season was lost under Jos. Dreadful team selection and tactics. Unforgivable.

This squad under Bruce for the season would have made the play offs.

Exactly.

People forget that prior to Bruce's arrival we'd shipped more goals than anybody else in the league.

And in any case, would we really want to lose to Leeds over two legs?

This team isn't good enough to win the play-offs, so it's better not to qualify for them.

We don't want another hangover next season either.

14 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

And it wasn't even a proper moustache.

It was a half-hearted, poor man's effort.

Never before, in the history of football, has one man's facial hair reflected so accurately his abilities as a manager.

• Haha 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Exactly.

People forget that prior to Bruce's arrival we'd shipped more goals than anybody else in the league.

And in any case, would we really want to lose to Leeds over two legs?

This team isn't good enough to win the play-offs, so it's better not to qualify for them.

We don't want another hangover next season either.

We aren’t making it anyway, but if we had we could have won them.. we beat villa away, outplayed them at home.. should have beat West Brom twice.. Leeds hammered us both games but if we set up like we did at Norwich against them we’d have a better chance, they lost to Wigan and Brentford so aren’t unbeatable 

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

And it wasn't even a proper moustache.

It was a half-hearted, poor man's effort.

Never before, in the history of football, has one man's facial hair reflected so accurately his abilities as a manager.

Alan Irvine's facial hair was pretty representative of his abilities as a manager.

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We aren’t making it anyway, but if we had we could have won them.. we beat villa away, outplayed them at home.. should have beat West Brom twice.. Leeds hammered us both games but if we set up like we did at Norwich against them we’d have a better chance, they lost to Wigan and Brentford so aren’t unbeatable 

Fair points.

It's true that we were only outplayed by Leeds.

But Villa and West Brom have better all-round players than Leeds, players who can conjure something from relatively little.

Leeds need to pin you in your own half for half an hour to score a goal.

It's just that there are obvious deficiencies in our current team, most obviously a lack of pace.

Not to mention a lack of physicality in the middle.

These are things which Brucie will surely address in the summer, given the funds.

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Fair points.

It's true that we were only outplayed by Leeds.

But Villa and West Brom have better all-round players than Leeds, players who can conjure something from relatively little.

Leeds need to pin you in your own half for half an hour to score a goal.

It's just that there are obvious deficiencies in our current team, most obviously a lack of pace.

Not to mention a lack of physicality in the middle.

These are things which Brucie will surely address in the summer, given the funds.

Yeah but Abdi could be fit for the play offs

On 22/04/2019 at 22:29, room0035 said:

You could look at the 6 points dropped against the 3 of the bottom 5 we had, the game against Leeds ,West Brom or the joke added time against Norwich but what really cost us was the first 30 games of the season with the best keeper in the league sat in the stands, the midfield general not allowed to play and too many kids not ready for championship quality games playing week in week out.

we have missed a chance this season that may not come around again, the current manager and first team 20 players have done us all proud for the last 15 games but Jos and DC cost us this season one being unable to manage a team, the other not having a clue how to run a football club and once again leaving it too long to get shut of jos the dross. The same way he did the season before with Carlos.

another month of no jos and we would have been top 6 that simple.

for the second season running we were in with a right chance of sticking our nose in the relegation issue at one point.