Man of the match & scores (Forest- home)

Owls man of the match   

418 members have voted

1. 1. Your man of the match

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Fox
    • Pelupessy
    • Lees
    • Hector
    • Matias
    • Reach
    • Fletcher
    • Joao
    • Boyd
    • Hooper
    • Nuhiu
    • Lazaar

Wednesday  3 -  0  Forest  

Matias (47', 67'),

Boyd (58')

12825224_2019-04-0921_39_25.png.d0faaf8c64c4a65f4dbb763fb14ba0bc.png

1496151668_2019-04-0921_41_25.png.d577168bb0b87849231bd6842d6aa010.png

Lots of mumping before the game about selection. Though what people expect when the main men have knocks and sprains I don't know...

A very attacking looking midfield from Wednesday tonight, alarm bells ringing in some quarters.  Flip side is... puck attacking midfielders and it encourages attacking.  Funny that.

Anyway...we cling to the dream for another few days.

Time to get those scores in the doors. 

• Like 2

Matias for more than just his goals, his work rate is incredible. Such a shame we’ve not seen more of him since he signed. 

Jaoa was close mind, two assists and looked lively in build ups. 

Hope to see more more of the above in final few games. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 7

Palmer 7

Lees 8

Hector 7

Fox 6 did ok but I’ve seen milk turn quicker

Pelupessy 7 did well for a change

Reach 7 even got stuck in

Boyd 7 what a goal

Matias 8 great opportunistic goal

Fletcher 6

Joao 7

Hooper 7

Nuhiu 6

Lazaar 7 I love him

To say that is not our best side by a long way we did very well. Two fantastic strikes settled us down and it was very easy in the end. Will be tough to pick a starting 11 on Saturday.  Up the Owls!!

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Westwood - 7.5 - Made a great save first half, really calm and collected.

Palmer - 7 - Worked hard, not much got past him.

Lees - 7 - Dreadful error in the first half that almost led to the opener. Made up for it with a great block in the second. Won his headers.

Hector - 8.5 - Excellent, so calm and composed, put in some great passes as well.

Fox - 9 MoM - Dunno how anybody can give him lower than 8. Their winger was kept quiet all game, won his headers, played an excellent ball to Joao for the 2nd goal. Cannot believe how much he has changed, well done that man.

Boyd - 7.5 - What a finish, worked his socks off.

Pelupessy- 7 - Workmanlike, played it simple, is nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Reach - 7 - Played some great passes, CM was bypassed quite a lot.

Matias - 8.5 - Great movement, finds himself in good positions, worked his plums off. Annoying he can’t stay fit.

Joao - 7.5 - Joao summed up. Set up two goals and played some lovely stuff at times. At others he couldn’t be bothered.

Fletcher - 6.5 - Got tanked a few times but still battled, tenacious performance if same quality not there.

Hooper - 7.5 - The touch for Matias’ goal was sex. One of the best footballers at the club. Again cannot guarantee he will stay fit though.

Nuhiu - N/A

Lazaar - N/A

Overall we battled it out and after an even first, we created much more than them second half.

As a side note, Luke Steele pulled off an immense save in the first half and then proceeded to have the worst game I’ve ever seen a keeper have. Cannot kick a ball to save his life.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Hector - 8.5 - Excellent, so calm and composed, put in some great passes as well.

Fletcher - 6.5 - Got tanked a few times but still battled, tenacious performance if same quality not there.

funny how people see things differently... I thought Hector had summoned his inner donkey tonight & fletcher was one the best players on the pitch until he went off

• Like 2

Just now, bigsheff said:

funny how people see things differently... I thought Hector had summoned his inner donkey tonight & fletcher was one the best players on the pitch until he went off

What makes it the best sport in the world my friend after extreme ironing.

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigsheff said:

Agree. I thought they had a shocker against Grabban first half. Got back into it 2nd. 

Thought the combination of Fletcher and Joao dovetailed well and looked promising.

Fletcher, Joao, Matias and Boyd all benefitted from a quicker transition from defence to attack, which allowed them to evade their markers.

Mattias man of the match 2 goals and 2 lovely crosses in the first half.

Westwood - 8  Unbelievable save 1v1 with grabban

Palmer - 6

Lees - 7

Hector - 8

Fox - 7  Another vastly improved under Bruce. Deserves a lot of credit for overcoming the boo boy tag.

Matias - 9 Great goals, could've had a hattrick if not for that wonder save.

Pelupessy - 5  Not up to scratch though he tries

Reach -7 Not too comfortable in CM but hey he did win a tackle!

Fletcher - 7 Not his night but an absolute warrior as always, got battered throughout.

Boyd - 8 Worked hard and great strike

Joao - 7 Really worked hard tonight, deserved a goal

Edited by swfc-dan