Man of the match & scores (Forest- home)

Owls man of the match   

418 members have voted

1. 1. Your man of the match

• Westwood
    • Palmer
    • Fox
    • Pelupessy
    • Lees
    • Hector
    • Matias
    • Reach
    • Fletcher
    • Joao
    • Boyd
    • Hooper
    • Nuhiu
    • Lazaar

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Going against most of the opinion I have gone for Joey 

I thought we were going to get mullered tonight with him and Cruncher Reach in the middle but Joey was outstanding in snuffing there midfield out .

I thought he had a really good 2nd half as most did

First half was a bit hit miss from both sides lit up only by 2 terrific saves one for each keeper 

22 minutes ago, Beany71 said:

Yes, I think Hooper was technically joy to watch when he came on and the team/football improved when he came on. Instead of the long diagonal balls we keep trying it was more to feet and controlled football. This also makes players around him look better.

Also along with the rest of the team Matias he was poor in the first half but great at times in the second half, obviously its all about opinions.

As you quite rightly say it is all about opinions but I will give you the specific reasons why I thought Matias was MOM above Hooper.

Maybe you saw instances of Hoopers 30 minute  MOM performance that I missed and which players did he make look better ?

I can remember him playing a nice touch to Joao who then set up MM with a deft back heal.

Now I am not a fan of MM and want us to release him at the end of the season, but last night he was very good. The only time I have seen him perform anything like last night was in a cup match against Reading.

A superb first goal showing great technique.

A second goal due to his willingness to run in behind on the off chance the ball would break.

A lovely cross for Joao in the opening minutes.

An even better cross for Fletcher that he should have buried in the first half.

Made the keeper make the save of the match with the low drilled shot in the first half, again very good technique to keep the ball down when hit at that pace.

Was full of running for 86 minutes.

As much as it hurts sometimes you have to give credit where it's due.

6 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

I thought Boyd was superb. Hes been a different player these last few games. Long may it continue. UTO!

He’s enjoying playing under Bruce again

Been a different player recently 

As I said, it's all about opinions, I just think the whole team looked better attacking wise when Hooper came on, which I would rather have than flashes of individual brilliance from 1 player.

Also I thought the play for Boyd's goal was excellent.

I think in Bannan's absents from the team I would push Reach into a centre attacking midfielder role and play Fessi or Aarons on the left to give us more creativity going forward. Boyd is a worker but Forest aside he does not add much of a goal threat unlike fessi and Aarons do.