Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

Would SB still have agreed to join us if we were about to receive a wacking great fine and placed on the silly sod’s step? I appreciate that he’s being well paid, but their were other clubs that no doubt would have been interested and weren’t about to receive a size 12 in the bowlocks.  lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Colin Dobson said:

Apparently there’s an article in tomorrow’s papers stating Derby, Villa & ourselves will receive a similar deduction to Birmingham. Apologies for being the bearer of bad news.

Kudos on having an actual source, unlike some of the other ITK bull-poopers around

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

With the both the forthcoming rule changes, and the 100% uptake of the 1867 Club offer amongst our rapidly growing Thai fanbase, we should be fine.

The problem will be putting their names on brass plaques. Most Thai surnames have about fifty letters. :Chansiri:

• Haha 1

I think our big expenditure has been the wage bill. Apart from Rhodes and Reach, I don’t think we’ve been overly extravagant with Transfer Fees and since the Rhodes Deal there’s only Van Aken who we’ve spent millions on and I very much doubt we spent as much on him as been bandied about?

We might get a points deduction in the Summer but I doubt it’ll be as much as Brums, maybe 6?

And as for the other championship chairmen spouting off about staying within in the rules, there may come a time when they’re sailing close to the wind so they might be grateful in time of an increase in the loss amount allowable over a three year period?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

14 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

The question to you room mate was because for an age you've been insisting we'll be under an embargo in the summer and maybe for the next two windows,now hearing and reading whats happened to birmingham (no financial penalties.no embargo) do you think you maybe,just maybe,jumped the gun a little,and a points penalty is as bad as it gets.

Birmingham have been hit this season if they then break the rolling 3 year rules next season it will be another fine or points deduction. The rules are not in place to spend spend spend it you could lose £100m a season, then why set The limits at £13m.

The points deduction is a curve ball that no one expected, but I don't think we will get one but we do seem to be under some sort of embargo now.

If we were not why have we not resign Westwood and Palmer to longer deals.

21 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Birmingham have been hit this season if they then break the rolling 3 year rules next season it will be another fine or points deduction. The rules are not in place to spend spend spend it you could lose £100m a season, then why set The limits at £13m.

The points deduction is a curve ball that no one expected, but I don't think we will get one but we do seem to be under some sort of embargo now.

If we were not why have we not resign Westwood and Palmer to longer deals.

I know all that room fella.

Ya dint answer...................................never mind.

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Fail ... you owe me a pint :biggrin:

I'm in China right now. Can you meet me in Knuckles Bar in about 30 minutes and I'll take you up on that one (though I think it will have to be half a litre and they don't do pints in China)? 

:Chansiri:

Just been told we are on for a 6pt deduction, Villa 8 and Derby 8...It could happen this season (mid April) though it is likely to be next season. Reasoning is all 3 clubs are in with a chance of play-offs, so they would have to do all at once, which would be difficult as appeals are likely.

If one were to be promoted a points deduction would carry through to the prem, the prem has agreed on principle...but not ratified yet.

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Just been told we are on for a 6pt deduction, Villa 8 and Derby 8...It could happen this season (mid April) though it is likely to be next season. Reasoning is all 3 clubs are in with a chance of play-offs, so they would have to do all at once, which would be difficult as appeals are likely.

If one were to be promoted a points deduction would carry through to the prem, the prem has agreed on principle...but not ratified yet.

For a promoted club to start on -6 would be a waste of time - can you refuse your promotion, but still collect the 100m? lol