Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

I think (hope) we're not at as much risk as they are. Especially as they knowingly broke the rules by singing a player whilst under embargo. My understanding is that we've been much more co-operative.

Although I am scared of finding out what exactly we did to sign Iorfa, Aarons and Lazaar in January when we were told we had no money.

In terms of football rather than FFP, it pretty much guarantees that we'll finish above them. It remains to be seen how they'd react to it on the field, it could spur them on or they could completely collapse. Their remaining fixtures gives them a big say in the outcome of both the automatic promotion and relegation battles, but they only have one fixture (Derby) against one of our play off contender rivals.

I get the impression while Wednesday are not innocent of breaking FFP / P&S we are not as guilty as Birmingham.
Got a feeling we will get a smack on the wrist as we didn't take the Micky once we over stepped the mark like Birmingham.

Maybe we will get a points deduction but have it suspended, something like that.

2 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

What i don't quite understand is that now a punishment has been handed, the losses will still be there next season and will take a couple of years to wash out of the 3 year rolling accounts, thus if they are in breach next season, surely they can't then be punisned again? 

that's exactly the bit I don't understand. Birmingham lost approx. 35m in this years accounts alone. Surely in a rolling period of 3 years this figure will still be with them for the next 3 seasons and therefore they will breach again

also says that they will be appealing so can see this being reduced to 6 points

or are the EFL saying once you have breached a points deduction will be applied and then your 3 year period starts again. If that's the case I wonder if DC and SB agreed to take the points deduction for next season and then with a reset position just spend heavily in the summer

Thats no punishment, neither is it a deterrant.

Punishment would have been 20 points - Or start next season with a 20 point deduction. It wont make any difference to their season, they arent going up and they wont go down, even after the deduction. Teams will get relegated this season who havent broken any rules trying to compete in a league agaisnt teams who have broken the rules.

Teams like Luton and Rotherham have been hammered with much larger points deductions in recent years.

• Thanks 1

Hope Birmingham take them to court over it regardless of the size of the points deduction. While ever there is money flooding down from the PL inflating transfer fees and wages that we have to try and compete with, P&S is unfair, anti-competitive and in need of a serious rethink.

• Like 3