Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

Its neither here nor there is it....?

The EFL should either stand to a  points deduction NEXT season, along with an embargo  or simply forget the whole thing....

I wonder if the threat of going to court had some influence...? Seems the penalty is a sort of "fair enough" "agreement, suits both parties...brum aren't likely to go down and seemingly able to operate under no embargo for the next couple of season.

So where is the actual penalty for flouting these "Rules"..there isn't one is there?..bar a minimal amount of cash Brum would have received for a higher placing in the league

A 9 point deduction, not for "infringing" the rules...for more or less totally ignoring them?

Now the precedent has been set, I reckon most clubs will think "Meh"

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its neither here nor there is it....?

The EFL should either stand to a  points deduction NEXT season, along with an embargo  or simply forget the whole thing....

I wonder if the threat of going to court had some influence...? Seems the penalty is a sort of "fair enough" "agreement, suits both parties...brum aren't likely to go down and seemingly able to operate under no embargo for the next couple of season.

So where is the actual penalty for flouting these "Rules"..there isn't one is there?..bar a minimal amount of cash Brum would have received for a higher placing in the league

A 9 point deduction, not for "infringing" the rules...for more or less totally ignoring them?

Now the precedent has been set, I reckon most clubs will think "Meh"

as annoying as these rules are i understood the efl clubs themselves voted for it 

Since when have we been skint, and losing money left, right and centre?

You mean spunking money all over the place, never selling anyone and having a squad the size of a Zulu Army could effect us negatively somehow?

Well, we had better consult with Uri Geller and the Be Reyts' then.

Surely the FL are going to up the £39m loss limit this summer? Otherwise half the division will be under an embargo lol

Since they set that limit the inflation of transfer fees, wages etc in this league has gone up shitt loads. 

Just now, RichieB said:

Surely the FL are going to up the £39m loss limit this summer? Otherwise half the division will be under an embargo lol

Since they set that limit the inflation of transfer fees, wages etc in this league has gone up shitt loads. 

You'd think so, that's the cost for a family of 4 to sit on the Kop at home to Villa in a couple of weeks time.

Either way, people suggesting this ‘wipes the slate clean’ are definitely misunderstanding the whole ‘rolling 3-year’ thing.

The simplest way to think of it is that you’re *always* in year 3 of 3. You were last year, you are this year, and you will be next year. At *any* given point in time, your losses for the previous three years can’t exceed £39m. There is no ‘year 1 of 3’ - well, there is, but it was always two years ago. It’s never THIS year, or next.

There’s some additional nuance needed there, as you can make savings going forward to ease past overspend, but for an oversimplified version it’s basically as above.

Brum will still have problems until their giant overspend was more than three years ago.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Either way, people suggesting this ‘wipes the slate clean’ are definitely misunderstanding the whole ‘rolling 3-year’ thing.

The simplest way to think of it is that you’re *always* in year 3 of 3. You were last year, you are this year, and you will be next year. At *any* given point in time, your losses for the previous three years can’t exceed £39m. There is no ‘year 1 of 3’ - well, there is, but it was always two years ago. It’s never THIS year.

think 3 or 4 of us have tried mate    perhaps if nixon tweeted it they'd take note

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

The simplest way to think of it is that you’re *always* in year 3 of 3. You were last year, you are this year, and you will be next year. At *any* given point in time, your losses for the previous three years can’t exceed £39m. There is no ‘year 1 of 3’ - well, there is, but it was always two years ago. It’s never THIS year.

I think you'll find..-9 pts= spaffathon..lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RichieB said:

The new rules and financial limits only came into effect in Season 2016/17. Its not like they're from the 19th century

43 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

And for everyone saying they're safe... they definitely aren't.

Only 5 pts above drop zone and won once in last 5 games.

This. Dont know what our fans have been drinking but i have no idea why they are celebrating. Baggies leeds shef unt next 3. The teams below will get a few mad wins from nowhere as usual.

From what i hear it should of been 12 but we had their pants down on the pederson signing. The efls rules had a musused wording or something so that was ruled out. Embarassing really.

Dont think slate will be wiped clean. Just means we can sign people again. Id guess its a few frees and 1-3 million type of players max.

I personally think 2 transfer windows embargoed and 9 points off to throw us into a relegation is harsh not light.

I suspect we will be the only ones who recieve this punishment. Bolton are more or less in admin and villas wage bill is fit for the prem but they appear to be fine.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

The simplest way to think of it is that you’re *always* in year 3 of 3. You were last year, you are this year, and you will be next year. At *any* given point in time, your losses for the previous three years can’t exceed £39m. There is no ‘year 1 of 3’ - well, there is, but it was always two years ago. It’s never THIS year, or next.

There’s some additional nuance needed there, as you can make savings going forward to ease past overspend, but for an oversimplified version it’s basically as above.

Brum will still have problems until their giant overspend was more than three years ago.

I understand that...I don't understand how "This" is a penalty....Birmingham have had a "shot" at promotion by buying a player when under embargo ..the points penalty should then have been immediate..not this "sniff it and see" rubbish

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Not true, don't you remember the Pre-Raphaelite's getting a 12 point deduction in 1849?

Dante Gabriel Rossetti's Pre-Raphaelites deserved everything they got if you ask me mate

Trying to return to the intense colours and complex compositions of Quattrocento Italian art my arse

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BrumBlue said:

This. Dont know what our fans have been drinking but i have no idea why they are celebrating. Baggies leeds shef unt next 3. The teams below will get a few mad wins from nowhere as usual.

From what i hear it should of been 12 but we had their pants down on the pederson signing. The efls rules had a musused wording or something so that was ruled out. Embarassing really.

Dont think slate will be wiped clean. Just means we can sign people again. Id guess its a few frees and 1-3 million type of players max.

I personally think 2 transfer windows embargoed and 9 points off to throw us into a relegation is harsh not light.

I suspect we will be the only ones who recieve this punishment. Bolton are more or less in admin and villas wage bill is fit for the prem but they appear to be fine.

I feel sorry for you mate. I think the EFL's P&S rules are a load of rubbish TBH. Totally expecting us to be shafted in the summer too?

2 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Dante Gabriel Rossetti's Pre-Raphaelites deserved everything they got if you ask me mate

Trying to return to the intense colours and complex compositions of Quattrocento Italian art my arse

is that a fixed 400 years or a rolling one?  askin for a confused friend

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

The new rules and financial limits only came into effect in Season 2016/17. Its not like they're from the 19th century

True, but our wage bill since 2016 has gone from £19m to £29m 

Wages and fees are getting out of hand with owners absolutley desperate to be in the premier league. 

I feel like the FFP limit should be raised or parachute payments should be stopped/lowered, one or the other. 

Edited by RichieB

3 hours ago, Stevelknievel said:

Right, the most points you can get in a season is 138 points, and you def win it with 100. Does anyone know the maximum number of points the EFL can deduct? I reackon 20.

Basically we just need to keep buying players until we get enough points to cover the deduction(s) plus 100 points and we are in EPL. 

lol

• Haha 1