Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Would like to see what would happen if one of us went up.

Exactly, us, derby or villa is a good bet or even 2 of the 3. My point was that if promoted they will be fined and no doubt a substantial amount. In relative terms peanuts though.

Then you will have Bristol, Preston etc complaining that it was unfair, they have cheated.

Similar to relegation, no doubt Rotherham, Reading, Millwall, Wigan etc will complain Brum should have been deducted 21pts because they cheated ...

IMO the EFL are not a fit and proper organisation to rule. Then on top of that you have parachute payments for clubs whom failed...it's dead bent and bang open for corruption

5 hours ago, BrumBlue said:

https://t.co/dz90AGHSFV?amp=1

He's been pretty much spot on with ffp and our accounts.

I dont think you will be, you ve played ball havent you?

Interesting he notes that BCFC were announced to the panel as the only side to break ffp last year

surprised this hasnt been picked up on from page 8... maybe DC didnt want Jos spunking money.

to get deductions villa Derby and us would have to be on this list, one would have thought.

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What chance is their realistically at this level, of a club turning a £34M loss into a £7M profit in 1 year? What valuable saleable assets do they have others than Adams?

How can they significantly reduce the wage bill if they have players under contracts that no one else wants or if they are not willing to move?

I think that is bang on as we know only too well. It's a no win scenario

I strongly believe DC said to EFL, we will reduce wage bills, players will be sold etc blah blah blah (in the Jan window)...we didn't and he had no intention of doing so or nobody was interested that's why he said we must get promoted this season.

He did say he will accept a financial hit.

If we are not promoted this season we will be -6pts or more start of next season....all of course  IMHO...Though it is likely, along with Villa or Derby..or maybe Forest...or perhaps the piggies whom are on reputedly,  it ain't fair bonus 

It is really really really really important we are promoted this season, cos next season we are on -21pts, Russians will be in charge of gate money, floodlights will not work when it's dark.

The army will be in charge of crowd control, beer will be £20 a pint, pies will be £10.

Parking fines will be £25,000

I've heard summat like it somewhere else lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

It is really really really really important we are promoted this season, cos next season we are on -21pts, Russians will be in charge of gate money, floodlights will not work when it's dark.

The army will be in charge of crowd control, beer will be £20 a pint, pies will be £10.

Parking fines will be £25,000

I've heard summat like it somewhere else lol

You've been down in that secret nuclear bunker again, haven't you?

8 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Reckon we'll all start next season on minus 5. And no embargo.

Would like to see what would happen if one of us went up.

I think promoted clubs in breach are fined, embargo’s etc are not feasible once promoted. 

Bournmouth breached FFP when they went up....their fine was 7million, but ended up settling at 4 million. 

When QPR and Leicester went up, they were also fined. Leicester settles at 3 million. QPR was a bit messy I think - they were fined 40 million, but they got lawyers involved. 

I, for one am very worried..............the most welcome bounce in form under Steve Bruce has made us all forget our troubles for a little while, but DC stated earlier in the season that if we didn`t go up we were in trouble , so , having gone through another transfer window without selling anyone i presume nothing has changed.

From memory 2016 was about £9, 2017 was about £22m and 2018 figures haven't been published yet as we applied for a 2 moth delay which has been accepted by Companies House.

I believe that we have changed our Financial year which was 31st March to the end of May or June so it's in the closed season, which makes absolute sense.

16 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

I understand that...I don't understand how "This" is a penalty....Birmingham have had a "shot" at promotion by buying a player when under embargo ..the points penalty should then have been immediate..not this "sniff it and see" rubbish

Oh yeah, don’t get me wrong ‘Steens, this seems a weirdly soft-touch approach from the EFL given how brazen Birmingham were about their noncompliance. Hardly seems much of a deterrent at this stage; we’ll have to see where they are next year and what limitations if any are imposed on them going forward.

Part of me does however think “be careful what we wish for” re: harsher sentences if there’s *any* risk of sanctions being considered for us, mind! Still, at least we did appear to be trying hard to work within the terms of our embargo (and to his credit, DC was very open with the fans about about how seriously he was taking it). Doesn’t seem beyond the realms of possibility we might all end up being in favour of soft penalties though!

UTO

Edited by Mr. Tom

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

I think promoted clubs in breach are fined, embargo’s etc are not feasible once promoted. 

Bournmouth breached FFP when they went up....their fine was 7million, but ended up settling at 4 million. 

When QPR and Leicester went up, they were also fined. Leicester settles at 3 million. QPR was a bit messy I think - they were fined 40 million, but they got lawyers involved. 

I think you'll find the rules have changed since that lot happened.

15 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Is it worth taking the 9 point hit and splashing out massively and buying players who can almost guarantee getting you promoted. ?

Wolves lost £80m in the last 2 years, including £57m in the season they went up - but because it wasn't in this arbitrary 3 year period they get away scot free and have spent over £100m on transfer fees alone since then so won't make any profit in the PL either. But the EFL can't touch them now. 

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Wolves lost £80m in the last 2 years, including £57m in the season they went up - but because it wasn't in this arbitrary 3 year period they get away scot free and have spent over £100m on transfer fees alone since then so won't make any profit in the PL either. But the EFL can't touch them now. 

Stay in the Premier for a five year spell should be OK. 

It needs looking at again, I agree that it should be a more level playing field but some clubs (such as ours) have the financial backing to make real progress but are been held back.