Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Just been told we are on for a 6pt deduction, Villa 8 and Derby 8...It could happen this season (mid April) though it is likely to be next season. Reasoning is all 3 clubs are in with a chance of play-offs, so they would have to do all at once, which would be difficult as appeals are likely.

If one were to be promoted a points deduction would carry through to the prem, the prem has agreed on principle...but not ratified yet.

I think that's a load of crap

• Haha 2

If any other club gets a points deduction...It has to be this season...otherwise..How have Birmingham been punished?

They haven't..bar a tad financially

all thats happened to Birmingham is they have been put out of sight of promotion, and are pretty much safe from relegation.

Derby Villa and ourselves should get likewise punishment , shouldn't we?

In fact maybe a "lesser" penalty because we didn't ride roughshod over the "Embargo".

another thing the EFL in its supposed "wisdom" has missed, is how this affects the fans...Us for example...funding thier FFP rules by paying more over the gate than any other f.ookin' fans...simply cos THEY won't let DC put more in?

Totally stuck in  the middle aren't we?..As supporters

DC can say...."Well I have to charge this because the EFL won't allow me to subsidise the club as I would wish"

The EFL "Its up to the club how much they charge"

Fans ."Ive only got one brick and don't know who's window to chuck it through...................................

The rules should have been set hard and fast....

X amount of points for breaking the financial limits

XX amount of points for breaking the "Embargo"

In fact..How in the name of f.ook does the "Embargo" work?

Surely the club actually selling the player is "Breaking the Embargo"..but the EFL have no power over "Union Berlin" or whoever?

Its a total dogs breakfast....

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

For a promoted club to start on -6 would be a waste of time - can you refuse your promotion, but still collect the 100m? lol

Yeah I suppose you could, though you would lose money, Millwall at home, or M Utd at home....it's a really difficult decision to make for a casual, which one should I go to

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah I suppose you could, though you would lose money, Millwall at home, or M Utd at home....it's a really difficult decision to make for a casual, which one should I go to

"Casuals" would usually pick both of those.but hardly give a flyer for the rest......................

23 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

In fact maybe a "lesser" penalty because we didn't ride roughshod over the "Embargo".

Don't know why some still do not understand, Brum were not penalised for signing a player while under an embargo, it was 'legal' it had no impact whatsoever on the penalty imposed.

It was taken off the table as instructed by the qualified legal person at the hearing...the efl fooooked up.

36 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Don't know why some still do not understand, Brum were not penalised for signing a player while under an embargo, it was 'legal' it had no impact whatsoever on the penalty imposed.

It was taken off the table as instructed by the qualified legal person at the hearing...the efl fooooked up.

So..We should get the same points deduction then...along with Derby Villa etc....and any embargo is f.ookin' pointless now?

7 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

So..We should get the same points deduction then...along with Derby Villa etc....and any embargo is f.ookin' pointless now?

No, it was a legal technicality over Brums signing. I would assume any points deduction is based on how much the overspend was

6 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think our big expenditure has been the wage bill. Apart from Rhodes and Reach, I don’t think we’ve been overly extravagant with Transfer Fees and since the Rhodes Deal there’s only Van Aken who we’ve spent millions on and I very much doubt we spent as much on him as been bandied about? 

We might get a points deduction in the Summer but I doubt it’ll be as much as Brums, maybe 6?

And as for the other championship chairmen spouting off about staying within in the rules, there may come a time when they’re sailing close to the wind so they might be grateful in time of an increase in the loss amount allowable over a three year period?

:Sid:lol:Sid:

I find it difficult to believe the Premier League will get involved with applying penalties imposed by the EFL.

They have always gone out of their way to avoid this in order to preserve their perceived elite status and having a promoted club starting with a points deduction would consign a club to relegation from the start of the season. 

14 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I find it difficult to believe the Premier League will get involved with applying penalties imposed by the EFL.

They have always gone out of their way to avoid this in order to preserve their perceived elite status and having a promoted club starting with a points deduction would consign a club to relegation from the start of the season. 

Most of the blame for this FFP farce lies with the premier league and their failure payments given to relegated clubs. 

The clubs..Birmingham, villa..us...

We MUST have known the facts straight up..We must have known the penalties involved

How on Earth could it go to litigation otherwise?

Or..NOT go to litigation otherwise?

WE sign up to the EFL..Their laws their contracts etc etc...

Unless like say Wolves..We escape that trap...by going up and then being under the rules of the Prem..

We stay bound by those rules...

So Birmingham, quite rightly ..under thos laws have been given a points deduction..

Do you think they will stand idly by and watch us..Villa/..or anyone else get away scot free?

We ar going to be deducted points....

I reckon we should insist on getting it now..Like Brum have..

Cos f.ook knows what state we are gonna be in next year

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Most of the blame for this FFP farce lies with the premier league and their failure payments given to relegated clubs. 

That’s not what we are talking about though, I think everybody agrees the parachute payments skew the championship.

So do you think they will impose the penalties.

I do not think they will accept imposing say a 12 point penalty on a club which takes away any chance of that club surviving and reduces the competitiveness and interest in their league.

6 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Ah right.

whats the rules now then? 

I honestly don't know, and I don't really care enough to check but I'm sure when FFP became P&S, a new rule was that teams could be punished regardless if they were promoted.

40 minutes ago, dobbo said:

I honestly don't know, and I don't really care enough to check but I'm sure when FFP became P&S, a new rule was that teams could be punished regardless if they were promoted.

Nothing is off the table; the Football League are now able to impose a points deduction during the current season, or demote a club from an automatic promotion position into the play-offs (or out of the play-offs altogether). 

taken from fantastic breakdown here 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Just been told we are on for a 6pt deduction, Villa 8 and Derby 8...It could happen this season (mid April) though it is likely to be next season. Reasoning is all 3 clubs are in with a chance of play-offs, so they would have to do all at once, which would be difficult as appeals are likely.

If one were to be promoted a points deduction would carry through to the prem, the prem has agreed on principle...but not ratified yet.

Just been told by whom?

14 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah, but you’ve absolutely no idea how all this works have you and neither has the person who ‘told’ you.

11 hours ago, dobbo said:

So my understanding is that the PL agreed to align with the Football League FFP/P&S rules, however with the punishment they will only issue fines not point deductions.