Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

13 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

As has been pointed out countless times it doesn't reset their FFP.

So with the figures taken from the published document today

15/16 1.98m loss

16/17 12.94 loss

17/18 33.86 loss

so this means that come next year the 15/16 figures will be replaced by the figures from 18/19?

if that’s the case then Birmingham are going to have to make a profit of 7m just to stop getting another points deduction 

i cant see this being right as Birmingham are going to be getting points deducted for the next 2 seasons at least

Just now, yeadonowl said:

15/16 1.98m loss

16/17 12.94 loss

17/18 33.86 loss

so this means that come next year the 15/16 figures will be replaced by the figures from 18/19?

if that’s the case then Birmingham are going to have to make a profit of 7m just to stop getting another points deduction 

i cant see this being right as Birmingham are going to be getting points deducted for the next 2 seasons at least

And all of a sudden, the P&S becomes much less the soft touch that some posters on here are making out. And the reason why owners are so focused on not breaching the rules.

7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

15/16 1.98m loss

16/17 12.94 loss

17/18 33.86 loss

Yes you are right.

They won't have another point deduction I wouldn't have thought straight away.

Transfer embargo and fines would be next step I would think.

Their figures won't reset. 

Seems like the EFL have totally bottled it, would love to know how they calculate what they think is an adequate points deduction in relation to how the rules have been broken. As mentioned, looks like they’ve deducted just enough so as it looks bad but they will be pretty much safe from a relegation scrap, bizzare. Whole structure isn’t fit for purpose anymore with the way the game has changed in recent seasons. Parachute payments need to be scrapped for starters. 

5 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Seems like the EFL have totally bottled it, would love to know how they calculate what they think is an adequate points deduction in relation to how the rules have been broken. As mentioned, looks like they’ve deducted just enough so as it looks bad but they will be pretty much safe from a relegation scrap, bizzare. Whole structure isn’t fit for purpose anymore with the way the game has changed in recent seasons. Parachute payments need to be scrapped for starters. 

7 points for being over and 3 for ignoring the problems.

They got a point off that though for good behaviour.

They definitely aren't safe either. 1 win in 5 with Leeds Pigs and WBA next 3 matches.

Just re read Swiss Ramble on Twitter re Birminghams last years accounts

Birmingham’s wages alone in the last financial accounts were £38m!!!!!

Turnover was 19.1m

7th biggest loss in championship history and the 3rd largest for clubs not getting promoted

1 hour ago, Minton said:

And all of a sudden, the P&S becomes much less the soft touch that some posters on here are making out. And the reason why owners are so focused on not breaching the rules

Eh? Us, Derby, Villa and unknowns and the ones who got away with it... seems quite a few owners think the risk is worthwhile.

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

Where in the article does it talk about us, the guy on radio Sheffield the other night I believe more of an expert than most on the issues believes we are already under a soft embargo pending what happens come the end of the season.

But if you can post the link where it says we are not under an embargo I would be happy to be corrected.

The question to you room mate was because for an age you've been insisting we'll be under an embargo in the summer and maybe for the next two windows,now hearing and reading whats happened to birmingham (no financial penalties.no embargo) do you think you maybe,just maybe,jumped the gun a little,and a points penalty is as bad as it gets.

Just now, s6 owl said:

Daily Mail article published just now reckon Us, Villa and Derby are all facing point deductions along with Brum.

Yep, as was pointed out by DC at the start of the season but we will be on -6 or -9 next season not this. If we do go up we will get a biggish fine, as will Derby or Villa

Best try and go up imho :biggrin:

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh? Us, Derby, Villa and unknowns and the ones who got away with it... seems quite a few owners think the risk is worthwhile.

All of the above have made serious changes this season to reduce our expenditure, quite possibly including the releasing of a number of high earning players. Birmingham did not do this. 

3 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

She's coming up to sixty soon.

You probably are disappointed right now?

But hey ho , 

"Art for Arts Sake".....

I will arrange a sitting 

She will bring her own Grapes

:Sid:..

And Spaniels ears 

WTF:

All turning a bit Lucian Freud but I’ll be there with my easel and sausage dog

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

15/16 1.98m loss

16/17 12.94 loss

17/18 33.86 loss

Not sure it will be an automatic points deduction but yes, that is how it will work, so they will have another 2 seasons of the £33.86M losses being included in their quest to stay under what currently stands at £39M allowable losses over 3 seasons.

What chance is their realistically at this level, of a club turning a £34M loss into a £7M profit in 1 year? What valuable saleable assets do they have others than Adams?

How can they significantly reduce the wage bill if they have players under contracts that no one else wants or if they are not willing to move?

I suppose the EFL can recognise that the club are trying to reduce the losses if they work towards this and so if they breach again next year and the year after they might only get embargo's or fines (counter-productive?) rather than another points deduction.   

Also, I am at a bit of a loss to understand why they will not be under an embargo this summer given they are more than likely to breach again. How are they going to be allowed to spend when their next P&S figures currently stand at the 16/17 + 17/18 losses (£47M) plus whatever has happened this year, which considering they have seemingly done little to date to address ongoing losses, will also be a loss?