Birmingham immediate 9 point deduction..does it affect us?

3 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

They already have our accounts..

I reckon we could be on -6 next season...if we are still around :biggrin:

He's quite serious old Trumpy.

Even if we start next season on -9 we could still make the play-offs

' Birmingham City have been handed an immediate nine-point deduction by the EFL for breaching Profitability and Sustainability rules'

They got off with signing a player while under embargo....even though the EFL were 'extremely disappointed' they signed a player...which has confused everyone..

So is DC putting all his efforts into not having a deduction this season? personally 6 to 2 points at the start of a campaign is not too bad..I still think it would be a ridiculous ruling. But we would still be in the race next season and now rather than just next season if we are hit with it now.. are there any review dates set for us by the committee? 

Edited by keepitsteel89

1 hour ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

I've seen some talk of reforms to the EFL governing structure, but nothing yet about any changes to P&S.

EFL Chief executive Shaun Harvey recently announced his resignation and will step down this summer. Apparently 19 of the 24 Championship clubs wanted him out.
The big Championship clubs want more of a say in the appointment of Harvey's successor and also want each club to have a vote on key issues, weighted by club size. At the moment the nine member EFL board of directors takes most decisions. The board is currently made up of three appointees from the EFL, three representatives of the Championship clubs, two from League One and one from League Two. So I guess there will be an opportunity to reform P&S while they are at it. They'd have to move sharpish over the summer to agree changes though.

No way changes will be implemented that fast, they treat these things like a UN charter. Also its a tactics game.. some clubs that have influence wont mind the Massive getting a penalty before changes are made.. 

Edited by keepitsteel89

Just now, Not Jon Newsome said:

Funny how they dropped it to 9 points from 12, clearly don't want to be responsibly for relegating and financially ruining a football club. 

Could be they are fearful of the legal consequences of their ruling should Brum be relegated and pursue it through the courts. IMO if they are going to deduct points it ought to be crystal clear how the points relate to the losses incurred by publishing the scale they are using.

52 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Then where’s our points deduction?

Wednesday’s financial losses have been in a worst state the Birmingham’s over the last 3 years.

Because unlike Birmingham, we stuck to our embargo (like other teams) and put plans in place to bring our finances into compliance. We also didn't post a single season loss of £39m

12 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Only if your sister agrees to 'model' for me?

She's coming up to sixty soon.

You probably are disappointed right now?

But hey ho , 

"Art for Arts Sake".....

I will arrange a sitting 

She will bring her own Grapes

:Sid:..

And Spaniels ears 

WTF:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Minton said:

Because unlike Birmingham, we stuck to our embargo (like other teams) and put plans in place to bring our finances into compliance. We also didn't post a single season loss of £39m

I'm of the understanding, Brum signing a player while under embargo was not a factor in the punishment, as it was technically possible to do so, or why did the EFL sanction it?

I think Brum also said they will sell players to bring losses down...they didn't. DC may have said similar :sad: Could well be on a -pts start next season.

----

Maybe they were lenient because there is another 6pt deduction coming up for crowd trouble

Edited by sherlyegg

lets take the 9 point deduction now. chansiri plead  guilty now saves the league charging us and waiting months. then we start a new 3 year attempt at going up without penalties ,or can do the sensible option of keeping within the 39 million over 3 years and avoid car crash signings/wages and surely chansiri would have learned his lesson by now . Birmingham must be laughing they were heading for a mid table finish now will finish 8th from bottom and there is no way they will appeal this not a chance. call the league up now hand them the delayed accounts and take the hit now. 

love to know how Birmingham went from small losses to a near 40 million loss in 1 season . what are they paying the likes of jota? 80-100k a week? its good that they failed to go up playing this gamble ,its a shame that other clubs played this gamble and got away with it ,ie wolves . 

9 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Birmingham must be laughing they were heading for a mid table finish now will finish 8th from bottom and there is no way they will appeal this not a chance.

I think they might, they have lost 4 on the trot, they have got just 14 days to appeal. If they were to be relegated it would be too late to appeal.

Also, they might win an appeal (no doubt their lawyers will be on it) or at least be reduced to say 6pts.

Starting on -6 or even less next season...or worse case scenario -9.

Stick or twist?

If they do get relegated they will think kin ell should have twisted.

they have west brom, leeds and the piggies coming up, then derby
and possible relegation battles against, rotherham, wigan and reading.

It may be a wise decision to appeal

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

lets take the 9 point deduction now. chansiri plead  guilty now saves the league charging us and waiting months. then we start a new 3 year attempt at going up without penalties ,or can do the sensible option of keeping within the 39 million over 3 years and avoid car crash signings/wages and surely chansiri would have learned his lesson by now . Birmingham must be laughing they were heading for a mid table finish now will finish 8th from bottom and there is no way they will appeal this not a chance. call the league up now hand them the delayed accounts and take the hit now. 

As has been pointed out countless times it doesn't reset their FFP.