Top Half?

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on us finishing top half of the table this season? 

We we are currently 4 points off with a game in hand of most. 

Realistically play offs is going to be a long shot now, but a half decent finish should see us top half? 

I also had had a bet at 5/1 a month back as I thought we’d only get stronger with Bruce in charge, and returning players such as Forestieri, Hooper, and Westwood (plus the 3 new signings). 

Good punt or do people think we will actually finish 13th or lower? 

16 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

I also had had a bet at 5/1 a month back as I thought we’d only get stronger with Bruce in charge, and returning players such as Forestieri, Hooper, and Westwood (plus the 3 new signings). 

I'm on that bet, seemed like value to me, we know the players are capable...

15 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on us finishing top half of the table this season? 

Realistically play offs is going to be a long shot now, but a half decent finish should see us top half? 

Was confident that with the arrival of Bruce that he would have rallied the troops especially with the standard of opposition we have faced since his arrival and would have taken the game to them.  But it seems to have taken a don't lose approach to these games and the entertainment value has been no better than the rest of the season. 

Hope he makes me eat my words.  Starting at Rotherham. 

Guest LittleG

Unless we suddenly turn around our abysmal goal scoring form then we may struggle to finish top half. We're struggling to score against bottom sides, not sure how we going to manage to do so against better opposition 

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

To be honest,  I can't wait for this nightmare season to finish . The summer gives Bruce the chance to clear the decks and rebuild for a good go at it next season.

I seriously doubt we will have a good go next season. Too much to do for that to happen. Clear out the dead wood, find a system that suits us and bring in some decent loans on the cheap and I'll be very happy. I think it will be the year after before we can go for it.

If DC gets us out of P & S we might have a bit more chance but it looks to me like we are sleepwalking in to an embargo. We needed to raise some money in the January window and didn't.

I have everything crossed as I pull in a cool grand if we finish top half.

I was very positive (hence bunging on some money at what seemed very generous odds) but the last few games have dampened my spirits a little - we could/should have been around the top half already had we taken our chances.

I am still very hopeful however! :carlos:

3 hours ago, mancowl08 said:

Obviously I want us to win every game but as long as we are safe I don’t think our position this season really matters. 

But...I thought we were getting in the play offs? 

The players said that 9, 11, 12 (take your pick) points is more than catchable. 

There's nothing that's happened in the last 18 months for me to doubt them :carlosswfc:

Edited by SiJ