So who are they? Red Bull? Amanda Staveley?

After the club recently confirmed Chansiri's desire to sell us, last week he said - intriguingly - that he'd had several offers for the club.

Of course, this poses the obvious questions of who, were they serious and are talks currently on - going with interested parties? 

If Barnsley can attract a major investor, we must also be constantly under the spotlight. 

If so, it would certainly fit into Red Bull's strategy and the UK's a big market missing from their footy portfolio. 

And maybe PCP Capital Partners (AKA Donny's Amanda Staveley) see much better value in doing a Wolves or Watford than paying Newcastle's daft asking price.

Getting brilliant Brucey in will not only get us  eventually to promised EPL land, but will also help attract major buyers and at a higher price.

Let's hope those ITK on here can help us.

• Haha 1

Just now, Beholder said:

Chansiri isn't selling. 

It was just heightened emotion at the fans forum that the press leapt onto. 

Can we just move on plz. 

Not sure about that as club then confirmed for sale on Twitter and DC again raised it on his latest public appearance.

It's about bumping asking price up maybe.

9 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

After the club recently confirmed Chansiri's desire to sell us, last week he said - intriguingly - that he'd had several offers for the club.

Of course, this poses the obvious questions of who, were they serious and are talks currently on - going with interested parties? 

If Barnsley can attract a major investor, we must also be constantly under the spotlight. 

If so, it would certainly fit into Red Bull's strategy and the UK's a big market missing from their footy portfolio. 

And maybe PCP Capital Partners (AKA Donny's Amanda Staveley) see much better value in doing a Wolves or Watford than paying Newcastle's daft asking price.

Getting brilliant Brucey in will not only get us  eventually to promised EPL land, but will also help attract major buyers and at a higher price.

Let's hope those ITK on here can help us.

Just enjoy the new appointment and get back to the footy .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I personally hope DC manages to get it all right and gets us to the premier league. The guy's had a tough baptism to football and been taken for a ride by some dodgy characters. He deserves to be given a chance to get it right.

Agree. If he can shave a few years off his current trajectory I for one would be grateful!!! lol 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Not sure about that as club then confirmed for sale on Twitter and DC again raised it on his latest public appearance.

No he didn’t. The mischievous journalists and Steve Bruce’s unveiling brought it up. It was completely out of context. The thing that DC did wrong was to discuss it instead of playing it with a straight bat. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Where was this confirmed

press conference I heard suggested it was misinterpreted and it’s the press that brought it up not him

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

I don't believe DC when he said he had offers for the club a day after the forum (£175m hahahhahaha), and I certainly don't believe that he is actively trying to sell the club right now.  

See this is the problem for me.

As much as I appreciate DCs money and that he is trying his best. He's been badly advised and taken for a bit of a ride. His pride means he can't admit a lot of this and has to deflect. you can't believe a single word he says. 

I wouldn't blame DC if he decided to sell. He has taken a lot of abuse from fans and culturally he's not best equipped to deal with it. He's put a lot of money into the club but a proportion of fans ignore that and just remember the ticket prices. He's brought some good players to the club but the fans remember the failures.

I can see it from both sides but I worry who we might get if DC did sell the club.

• Like 2

Guest Bulgaria
26 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

A club with our heritage being bought by Red Bull would be criminal. Even if they gave us a blank cheque. 

Agree totally.

I would hazard a guess however that the younger generation would be excited as the only thing that seems to matter to them is who has the most money. Having said that, I was sat in the man city end when we got bummed 7-0 and had the misfortune of being sat next to a right turd who was bragging to me how much the club had spent and he was at least 60.

Bet he wasn't reyt pleased when he found my used chewing gum stuck to his hood when he got home.

Edited by Bulgaria