So who are they? Red Bull? Amanda Staveley?

I once went to Thailand.

And went into Macdonalds.

Between my Yorkshire accent and the local waitress I ended up with three Big Mac meals when I had a voucher [out of date as it happens] for a free one...

Stuff gets misinterpreted however expressed in good faith.

Enjoy the Steve Bruce era.

47 minutes ago, shandypants said:

We'd definitely have to sell our souls to go that way as we'd no doubt be renamed "Sheffield Red Bull Wednesday", "Red Bull Wednesday" or "Sheffield Red Bull".  

Highly unlikely, as they'd have to go before an FA Membership Committee. I'm satisfied with DC's stewardship anyway, at least we ain't gone down that route yet. 

2 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

I once went to Thailand.

Between my Yorkshire accent and the local waitress I ended up with three Big Mac meals when I had a voucher [out of date as it happens] for a free one...

Nowt better than a meaty threesome in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flat Owl said:

I once went to Thailand.

Why are McDonalds in other countries different to the ones in the UK? Went to Benidorm last year and ordered a beer with my Big Mac :Pelupessy: couldn't see that ever happening over here 

The club is worth no more than £20m currently. We are losing money heavily like most Championship clubs . Our assets mainly are the players and there's not many which would fetch a lot FF, Bannan, Westwood, Reach being the exceptions.

The £175m quote from DC is pie in the sky and unrealistic. We only have to go back to Mandaric and the struggle he had to sell us for roughly £20m. Our financial profit and loss account is far worse now than it was then due to the astronomical wages being paid. It is only DC who is prepared to continually write these losses off every year. Is there anybody else out there who is prepared to take a huge financial gamble?

Edited by Mountain Owl

4 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Why are McDonalds in other countries different to the ones in the UK? Went to Benidorm last year and ordered a beer with my Big Mac :Pelupessy: couldn't see that ever happening over here 

Different licensing rules and stuff probably. People want to get in and out quickly which may make it difficult to enforce age restrictions for eg. 

7 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

The club is worth no more than £20m currently. We are losing money heavily like most Championship clubs . Our assets mainly are the players and there's not many which would fetch a lot FF, Bannan, Westwood, Reach being the exceptions.

The £175m quote from DC is pie in the sky and unrealistic. We only have to go back to Mandaric and the struggle he had to sell us for roughly £20m. Our financial profit and loss account is far worse now than it was then due to the astronomical wages being paid. It is only DC who is prepared to continually write these losses off every year. Is there anybody else out there who is prepared to take a huge financial gamble?

They'd be buying potential. Not sure what figure that is but in the business world companies are bought

for 4 or 5 times market value because they have potential to grow.

7 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Nice to have a beer in Benidorm but the Spanish moan likefuck that you can't get a big fuckoff knife with your Big Mac here.

Curry sauce also discontinued - scandalous!!

• Haha 1

I am sure OP is not only one who was surprised when he mentioned several offers for club. I think there may be interest but not certain about figures quoted,

My view based on no hard facts is we are not for sale but if we got promoted I would expect to see some sort of change in ownership, With DC either reducing holding or moving out altogether. I think there is someone hovering in background who he knows will take an interest if Premiership beckons.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

They'd be buying potential. Not sure what figure that is but in the business world companies are bought

for 4 or 5 times market value because they have potential to grow.

Fair comment however speculation most of the time is based on growing markets or other information. Sport is much more of a gamble and a higher risk.

7 hours ago, fred mciver said:

I agree but would be amazing if a local lass like Amanda, armed with her squillions, could do a Wolves or Bournemouth.

What I still can't work out after Jan and no sales, is where the dosh is now coming from , in relation to FFP. 

She has no money of her own pal. Not enough to buy and run a footy club

She's just the front lass.

5 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

For £175 million it’s got to be red bull , no single investor would pay that for us haha, and also it was all over the place that they were looking for a club wouldn’t surprise me if they kept hassling dc now. 

Im happy how we are now tho, DC should have done this from the start tho.

We're too historied for red bull.

2 hours ago, Mountain Owl said:

I remember the struggle MM had to sell us for £20m, he could only get £39m for us in the end

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

She has no money of her own pal. Not enough to buy and run a footy club

She's just the front lass.

Few year ago yeah I'd have had her as my front lass lol looks a bit plastic now, too much work