Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Oh Adam Reach and Barry Bannan was good business too, we'd make big profits on Forestieri, Reach, Bannan Winnall and Joao if we sell for a fair price, may or may not happen but I'd be shocked if none of them are moved on considering the situation. Fact is it's only May and I won't be overreacting because of a load of rounduns from nob head Nixon. Chansiri also managed to make us a profit on Stevie May and Marnick Vermijl in the early days. 

How much did we make on vermijl? Nkt sure what the numbers are, i thought he came for next to nowt and went for similar?

Bristol city top half team 2017/18 sell Reid for good money unlucky this season to get 6 after good recruitment.

Now get £12m for a young full back a few shrewed investment and they will be pushing top 6. Without spending any money and maybe even being in profit from transfers.

Compare their policy to ours, buy no one, offer silly contracts to over aged players, continue to offer to players past their best ala pudil, set silly asking prices on players and instead lose them for nothing at the end of their contracts.

Yep we have to probably be the worse team in the division for transfer dealings. We pray Bruce can sort it, but it depends how many limbs he has tied behind his back by DC continuing mismanagement.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, billyblack said:

How much did we make on vermijl? Nkt sure what the numbers are, i thought he came for next to nowt and went for similar?

Bought for £300k sold to Preston for £500k profit but only a little.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I dont understand why people are championing actually signing Onomah.His loan spells have been underwhelming to say the least. His attitude is questionable what does he actually bring. If he has so much potential why are Spurs happy for him to go ?.

Spurs want a totally diffent quality of player to what we need. Their cast offs would likely be our star player.

Sad but true.

3 hours ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

If Van Aiken is worth the £4m we paid then Hector is a bargain at 5 million

He wasn't worth £4m and I seriously doubt we paid that for him. Maybe the whole package was worth that if we put in a lot of add on clauses but no way was that the real fee.

7 minutes ago, prowl said:

Spurs want a totally diffent quality of player to what we need. Their cast offs would likely be our star player.

Sad but true.

First sentence, I agree.

Second, no.

A Spurs cast off MIGHT be top level championship, but could just as easily be an average league one player, or worse. 

On the evidence of last season, Onomah is unlikely to be our star player. 

Iirc our last Spurs loanee was John Bostock, a different era admittedly, but where did he end up?

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

For me, Hector was excellent next season and it’s a no brainer to bring him back to the club. I

Don't keep us in suspense. Do we get promoted and do the pigs get relegated.

We need to know.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, prowl said:

Sad but true.

Would agree but Onohma showed very little and to get out of this league its more about attitude and effort. Thats why the likes of the Pigs, Cardiff, Burnley, andHuddersfield,have been promoted. We need players who give there all week in week out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Would agree but Onohma showed very little and to get out of this league its more about attitude and effort. Thats why the likes of the Pigs, Cardiff, Burnley, andHuddersfield,have been promoted. We need players who give there all week in week out.

Not exactly true, you need the quality to go with it. All those clubs you've listed had a lot of good quality players as well as being hardworking, if all you needed was 11 hard workers we could get promoted with a load of Semedos and Chris O'Gradys.

2 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

I'd agree with you until the last 12 months. 

The 1m loan fee for Rhodes, Iorfa for 250k. The Hector loan. Bannan and Joao contracts.The Bruce arrival and letting him start at his choosing.

That's been an improvement to be fair so there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Seemed to coincide with KMs time here tbf.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

Guess you guys have never been involved in any kind of price negotiation. You never tell them the price you actually want. You tell them a higher price and settle on a lower one. Thought most people knew this!

Do you tell them double or treble the worth though? If i was buying a car for 2k and the guy started at 5k i would just laugh and walk off

2 minutes ago, killamarshtrekowl said:

Guess you guys have never been involved in any kind of price negotiation. You never tell them the price you actually want. You tell them a higher price and settle on a lower one. Thought most people knew this!

I sell low and deal straight away.

I don't know the price I actually want.

Should I stay away from eBay?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I sell low and deal straight away.

I don't know the price I actually want.

Should I stay away from eBay?

If you’re prostituting and enjoying it what’s the harm eh, no point in quibbling over a bob or two.

Not quite sure on the legality with the eBay lark mind...good luck with that one.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Walt said:

If you’re prostituting and enjoying it what’s the harm eh, no point in quibbling over a bob or two.

Not quite sure on the legality with the eBay lark mind...good luck with that one.

I post out a current picture of myself (autographed) and a bottle of gin.

The guaranteed tears are a true reflection of the Costello 77©® sexual experience.

• Haha 1