Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

So we have to pretend it didn’t happen then?

No matter how many times you choose to ignore it the deal happened and is now a benchmark used in negotiations in similar circumstances!

What if Norwich prefer to see Pukki on a free transfer as the benchmark for valuation?

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Not sure why you’ve been negged for this 

You’re right, We haven’t a clue in terms of transfers and valuations 

It’s Casbah. Think his Sanatogen prescription has dried up over the BH weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Of course Chelsea will want £5m for Hector. They paid £4m for him and they’ll want to make a profit on him. That’s business.

For me, Hector was excellent next season and it’s a no brainer to bring him back to the club. It’s tried and tested and limited risk. I would go up to £3.5m fee and an additional £500k based on promotion. Obviously, I’d start negotiating at a lower price. Still think this could happen.

Rhodes at £7m is laughable. I think the maximum we can expect is £3m and we may not even get that. 

How prophetic of you ! lol

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, vulva said:

Norwich sold Maddison, built sensibly and got promoted. 

FF refuses to get on the bus, and we gave him a new contract and he’s now worth next to nothing. 

Maddison & Murphy. Sold their two most valuable players yet still went on to win automatic. United also after selling Brooks. For whatever reason, DC simply refuses to trade realistically. It's always been Forestieri or bust with him. 

32 minutes ago, Walt said:

No, you’ve got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Our transfer dealings have left us under an embargo, We’ve ended up with more going out than coming in.

No mate i havent. I think you misunderstood, my question was how much profit have we made on transfer deals. Our embargo if there is one is a result of us not profitting at all, merely spending. That my whole point, DC doresn know how to sell.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Of course they do. They can simply say no deal and buy someone else.

So can anyone in any deal can’t they?

They clearly want Rhodes and talks are clearly at an advanced stage. They have to make us an acceptable offer if they want him!

2 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

So can anyone in any deal can’t they?

They clearly want Rhodes and talks are clearly at an advanced stage. They have to make us an acceptable offer if they want him!

That is possible but my guess is their maximum offer will fall well short of seven million and, if Chansiri is not prepared to bend, they will move on. As I said, I believe they regard Rhodes as a nice to have rather than someone so important to their PL plans.

21 minutes ago, vulva said:

How much have those players recouped us in transfer fees?

Zero. Its tragic. We have sold jack hunt for 1.5 mill in 3 years.

Last 2  before that, stevie may and rhoys wiggins for a grand total of 1.2 mill combined in 2015/2016 season.

Antonio before that for 1.7 mill which was rubbish as well.

We have shelled out 37 million or close enough in that time so no harm done. Just flog the ground that will sort it eh...

• Haha 1

Hopefully whoever is dealing with our transfer bids we receive are showing them to Bruce aswell and not just rejecting them out right if they dint meet chansiri's valuation. Pretty sure Bruce would know what the correct price to sell a player at is.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

No mate i havent. I think you misunderstood, my question was how much profit have we made on transfer deals. Our embargo if there is one is a result of us not profitting at all, merely spending. That my whole point, DC doresn know how to sell.

Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying. I’m agreeing with you. 

We were under an embargo because we didn’t sell players for a profit. 

• Like 1

If DC is really valuing Rhodes at 7 million then I despair.

He doesn't seem to be learning anything from past mistakes and it's hard to understand why. No one could possibly be this thick.

I can only think it's an excessively elevated sense of ego and him taking transfers much too personally - and yet at the forums when he's been quizzed about the success rate of our incoming players, he's come across as being quite philosophical about it; very much a ‘some you win, some you don't’ kind of attitude. It doesn't really add up!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

That is possible but my guess is their maximum offer will fall well short of seven million and, if Chansiri is not prepared to bend, they will move on. As I said, I believe they regard Rhodes as a nice to have rather than someone so important to their PL plans.

Who says Chansiri won’t bend?

Far too many assumptions being made about the Chairman and none of them positive!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vulva said:

How much have those players recouped us in transfer fees?

Oh Adam Reach and Barry Bannan was good business too, we'd make big profits on Forestieri, Reach, Bannan Winnall and Joao if we sell for a fair price, may or may not happen but I'd be shocked if none of them are moved on considering the situation. Fact is it's only May and I won't be overreacting because of a load of rounduns from nob head Nixon. Chansiri also managed to make us a profit on Stevie May and Marnick Vermijl in the early days. 

• Thanks 1