Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, Ash76 said:

For years Wednesday fans demanded Rhodes comes in, whatever the cost. Now they want him gone and are angry we're asking what they think is too much even though it's less than what we paid 

Morons

I'm one of those, if we'd have signed him before we got winnall I would have been happy with it. 

For me though I couldn't understand why having added winnall already on a permanent deal to Nando, hooper, Nuhiu, joao. We had already had enough strikers and didn't really need to add winnall, let alone Rhodes as well. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm one of those, if we'd have signed him before we got winnall I would have been happy with it. 

For me though I couldn't understand why having added winnall already on a permanent deal to Nando, hooper, Nuhiu, joao. We had already had enough strikers and didn't really need to add winnall, let alone Rhodes as well. 

Exactly. Even more so we as fans were all crying out for a centre half more than we was another forward! 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

It would have been daft to turn winnall down at £500k...

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It would have been daft to turn winnall down at £500k...

Yes I agree it made sense as he was bang in form and had been putting the ball in the net for fun, but then spending all that potential cash on Rhodes just wasn't what we needed to do bud. 

That was my point. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Yes I agree it made sense as he was bang in form and had been putting the ball in the net for fun, but then spending all that potential cash on Rhodes just wasn't what we needed to do bud. 

That was my point. 

I see what you mean...btw I was nearly giddy drunk with us splashing the cash...it was exciting and I'm guilty of getting carried away.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Maguire:Chansiri:

To be fair whilst not actually missing maguire, we've missed that sort of player when we let him go to Rotherham, horrible, nasty, complete and utter nuisance and wind up merchant.

Very good at what he does though and has a winners attitude. 

5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair whilst not actually missing maguire, we've missed that sort of player when we let him go to Rotherham, horrible, nasty, complete and utter nuisance and wind up merchant.

Very good at what he does though and has a winners attitude. 

Wallace managed to fill the role quite nicely whilst being a better player to boot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Matias after new contract puts in shift shock horror. Re Athde Nuhiu style. Onomah will make us no money. If he is premier league quality why arent premier league clubs in for him. This guy has done little here dont get why some on here think he is suddenly going to improve. His career is going backwards or he would be staying at Spurs. As likely be in league 1 plying his trade as premier league in 3 years.

Matias pretty much always worked hard, that was one of the best things about him. Also... Maybe some people think he will suddenly improve is cause he is 22years old. And got about 10-13 years left of his career?