Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

27 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Are you quite sure? Lol

What is it then? Two?

You tell me.

His record in the transfer market is abysmal, there is no getting away from it.

A complete and utter lack of strategy on the buying and a complete failure to sell players for a lot of money when there were clear opportunities.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He's a footballer not a car you daftcunt!

Firstly, is that insulting language necessary?

secondly, the same principles of negotiating stand.  If you want to barter you don’t start at a price that is so ridiculous it will make the other party walk away rather than try and conclude a deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I post out a current picture of myself (autographed) and a bottle of gin.

The guaranteed tears are a true reflection of the Costello 77©® sexual experience.

Ahh clever, very clever, especially the bottle of gin trick  I’m tempted to say finger on the pulse of fashion but that may lead to all sorts of innuendo with the Jordan Rhodes crowd. Zeitgeist then, nearly, not quite. I give up. 

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Firstly, is that insulting language necessary?

secondly, the same principles of negotiating stand.  If you want to barter you don’t start at a price that is so ridiculous it will make the other party walk away rather than try and conclude a deal.

Sorry about the language but you're also talkingshite here.

Cars have a relatively fixed value compared to humans who play football and we both know it.

Sorry for being atwat but I'm right.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thought it had been already been established that our chairman was naive about football matters and has been very badly advised over the last 3 years on how best to invest a lot of money in our club.

However we are tentatively optimistic that the appointment of Bruce and the probable responsibilities that he will have insisted on will change our approach.

There has been evidence to support this with the appointment of his own recruitment staff and deals like Iorfa and the Newcastle loans which were obviously driven by Bruce .

So I am looking towards the future rather than regurgitating the same old stuff about the last 3 years.

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

Do you have any solid gold chains, diamonds orop of the range computers? I have fifty quid burning a hole in my pocket.

I'll leave the jewelry in you blue recycle bin...pay me whenever... don't forget to leave a 5* rating.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Thought it had been already been established that our chairman was naive about football matters and has been very badly advised over the last 3 years on how best to invest a lot of money in our club.

However we are tentatively optimistic that the appointment of Bruce and the probable responsibilities that he will have insisted on will change our approach.

There has been evidence to support this with the appointment of his own recruitment staff and deals like Iorfa and the Newcastle loans which were obviously driven by Bruce .

So I am looking towards the future rather than regurgitating the same old stuff about the last 3 years.

It's a fair point that January's dealings and the arrival of Bruce might mean change is in the offing - but if it's true that we're asking £7 million for Jordan Rhodes then we're still as naive as ever.

Last week I saw a TV program on Hampstead pond swimming. Its open all year ut in winter you dedicated soles who turn out all weathers and in summer it gets packed with fair weather swimmers. Regulars do not go as gets too crowded. It reminded me of Owlstalk as you seem to get quite a few posters who only appear for summer and some of winter regulars vanish for a few months. 

Not a rumour but in light of other posts thought worthy of a mention.

Gets coat and tin hat and vanishes for summer.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

It's a fair point that January's dealings and the arrival of Bruce might mean change is in the offing - but if it's true that we're asking £7 million for Jordan Rhodes then we're still as naive as ever.

But it’s paper talk 

Isn’t it the same rag that said pigs wanted FF when it’s obvious they wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole.

I prefer to wait and see what happens before slagging off the chairman 

• Thanks 1