Jordan Thornily

I thought he played well considering where he is in his career. I thought the back 4 played well to be honest. Its what its in front of it or not in front of it what saddens me. We can defend pretty well, scoring goals and creating is something else entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 109Waddle said:

I thought defensively we looked good yesterday, which sounds like a strange thing to say given we lost 3-0. I thought the outball just didn’t work. Thorniley didn’t look out of place at all.

Think they only had 3 shots on target all game, one being the penalty.  If Reach could have took the very early chance, or the VAR gone our way, could have been more interesting.  Forwards and onwards now though, new Brucie era and Ipswich to come.

• Thanks 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, cookeh said:

I think guru's point is that Hector is right footed, so could start along side Thorniley.

Maybe but Lees has been much better recently. Lees and Hector with Thorniley in reserve for me

Think thorniley has a bright future, impressed me when he plays, whole hearted player and rarely has a bad game. Pleased he got the nod last night in front of Pudil, great experience for him and did well, considering the quality of the opposition.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, striker said:

Think thorniley has a bright future, impressed me when he plays, whole hearted player and rarely has a bad game. Pleased he got the nod last night in front of Pudil, great experience for him and did well, considering the quality of the opposition.

That's kinda why I want him in the side. He'll develop so much quicker playing week in, week out. If he plays second fiddle for the next few years, he'll not learn much and probably never reach his potential. He's good enough for the Championship right now, so put him in and let him develop.

Thought he struggled actually. Did ok with shape but that’s about it. Kept out of jail by his teammates a number of times.

I kind of like Thorniley he’s so wholehearted but he’s just a stopper....nothing else, and I think that will limit his upwards trajectory unless he can find a way to be braver / heighten his technical ability. He’s really poor on the ball

11 hours ago, hawksmore said:

I really wish he had been able to play alongside Loovens, even just for the 1 season. 

His game would have come on so much more alongside a such a good leader and game reader.

However, he is still a great prospect for us and he did well yesterday

Really hoping Bruce addresses the lack of leadership in the squad. Lees doesn't seem to have the right character for it, but to be fair, neither does anyone else.