Jordan Thornily

I expected Agnew to put the experienced Pudil in at left central defence in the absence of Hector.

Great to see Thornily given the nod, and thought he had a very good game.

Kept his head when others like Hutchinson seemed to be losing theirs in the first half.

Was not overawed coming up against Higuain.Think he has a great future ahead of him.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I really wish he had been able to play alongside Loovens, even just for the 1 season. 

His game would have come on so much more alongside a such a good leader and game reader.

However, he is still a great prospect for us and he did well yesterday

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

He’s always looked a decent player to me Good head on him, and willing to try and organise things at the back The best centre back partner for whoever plays on the right side

Was gonna neg you but this would be harsh. I like Thorniley but Hector starts as the left cb every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

4 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Was gonna neg you but this would be harsh. I like Thorniley but Hector starts as the left cb every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I think guru's point is that Hector is right footed, so could start along side Thorniley.

35 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Looked like he asked for Higuains shirt as they came off at half time. 

Fair enough I suppose, it might be years until he plays against someone like him again. 

If Thorniley can play like that on regular basis, I can assure you that it won't be years before he plays against opposition like that every week.

I have to admit that Thorniley versus Higuain was one of those battles that had me face-palming before the match. How wrong was I!