OFFICIAL: Steve Bruce announced

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally not over the moon with this. I think he’s on the managerial slide. But realistically who else could we get? I think he’ll steady the ship for a bit, but not expecting miracles. 

Will be fully behind him nevertheless

He still had a 45% win ratio at Villa, which isn't too shabby.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

It will give some of the posters on here the time to find out where the ground is 

lol

reminds me of when 'the dings' got promoted to the premier, they sold the season tickets at night, and put the floodlights on so the 'fans' could find the ground.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Personally not over the moon with this. I think he’s on the managerial slide. But realistically who else could we get? I think he’ll steady the ship for a bit, but not expecting miracles. 

Good overall record as a manager. Solid appointment. Almost took Villa up and remember even the sainted Colin didn’t get promoted with every club he managed. 

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Who would you have preferred? That we realistically could have got?

British manager with 4 promotions from the league we’re in...I honestly couldn’t be happier with the appointment.

I also think it shows that Chansiri is changing his approach, which is great. Lastly, I don’t think Bruce would risk his reputation if things weren’t being sorted out behind the scenes at the club.

• Like 1

Just now, stocksyuto said:

That’s not bad considering everything going off at that club, Why did they start throwing cabbages at him then? 

I don't think they ever really took to him, perhaps due to his stint managing Birmingham City to two promotions. As soon as he hit a sticky patch there, the fanbase were ready to turn on him, despite getting them to the playoff final last season.

Hopefully their loss is our gain.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Good overall record as a manager. Solid appointment. Almost took Villa up and remember even the sainted Colin didn’t get promoted with every club he managed. 

True I suppose. Just never a manager I thought I’d see at Wednesday after ‘Fergie time’ and the Play Off Final. 

Would have liked Jokanovic. But beggars can’t be choosers, in our position I think it’s a solid appointment not just a manager I’ve particualrly liked over the years. That will soon change if he gets us winning games. 

• Like 1

I can understand the fortnight break over Christmas & New Year

Another 4 weeks on top of that, is a long time in football though 

Imagine if we kept Jos until Feb ... We'd already be relegated, before Bruce steps foot in the door 

Bullen overachieving is keeping this deal viable 

5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He still had a 45% win ratio at Villa, which isn't too shabby.

You need 58% for auto promotion (and a few draws thrown in), though I'll be happy via the playoffs instead :biggrin: 45% with a 12 draws should make 6th place.