FF in miscommunication with the courts

Guest Theboylangers

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Taking that today's reports are true, I'm sick of the circus that comes with this clown.

Whether this issue is down to ignorance or arrogance, it strikes me that he has little respect for his employers and the fans.

Many will defend him due to his exploits in his first season here. That was 3 years ago. His value is decreasing season by season, I'll be glad when he's gone.

How will it affect the club?  It's hardly going to set the world alight the only fans who will be affected are the sensitive Wednesday ones.  Mountain out of molehill springs to mind.  

9 minutes ago, woodys said:

Treating the case like the accusation - a load of rubbish 

The case is he’s not turned up the other stuff my be defendable.

You need a bloody good reason to miss a court date if you are to avoid a custodial sentence, lame excuses won’t hold up . This time he’s really f*ck up 

Bye fernando close te door on your way out. 

2 minutes ago, Itchy said:

The case is he’s not turned up the other stuff my be defendable.

You need a bloody good reason to miss a court date if you are to avoid a custodial sentence, lame excuses won’t hold up . This time he’s really f*ck up 

Bye fernando close te door on your way out. 

Maybe he has? 

Whilst I understand that some people think the player should be moved on there is one point that always needs to be remembered...

A younger replacement with a better reputation would cost us considerably more than we would be able to recoup for him. 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Always something with him unfortunately.

Immensely talented but should have cashed in when he refused to play against Norwich two years ago. 

His attitude is probably why he isn’t playing at the top level. On ability he’s the best I’ve seen at Wednesday (I don’t remember Di Canio, Waddle or Carbone)

The next think I expect to hear is that the club haven't supported him and he wants away.

That would be Di Canio-esque.

Im sorry you get chance to see Waddle mate, or for that matter Terry Curran. Different gravy.

But it sounds like your young enough to see one or two great players in the future.

Ched Evans is charged with rape = Owlstalk shriek that he is guilty before being charged, and continue to after he is acquitted

FF is charged with threatening behaviour and racially aggravated harassment = Owlstalk call it 'a load of fuss over nothing', despite the ire of Mansfield players being evident both on the pitch and afterwards. 

What partisan hypocrisy. Any potential crime must be investigated, and unless you're in the courtroom you know nothing about guilt. Also, it is not Mansfield FC that have put this before a Magistrates' Court but the Crown Prosecution Service, and they do so on the basis of believing there is enough evidence to secure a conviction. Talk of boycotting Mansfield is pathetic; if someone abused Joao or Palmer you'd be screaming for it to be properly investigated. 

The guy was an embarrassment to our club that day, and his actions today - if deliberate - show he has no respect for SWFC's reputation, his own, our law, our legal system (if it is a load of nothing he'd get off!) or his victim.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, woodys said:

Amazing how many fans are ready to hang him out to dry before the full story is told 

Yeah I really don't understand that, either pigs or morons jumping on the bandwagon to slag off one of our own players. Is this what supporting the club means to them?

Edited by uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Report it as a crime then pal. 

In modern day Britain, rightly or wrongly racism is seen as a far worse offence than physical violence, especially in sport. 

Really?  Is that a fact or just your opinion?  I would think you have more chance of being sent to prison if you physically assault someone as opposed to racially abusing them.   Can you provide the evidence to back up your claim? I would also think that the overwhelming amount of people would think that physical evidence is worse than racist abuse. 

in this day and age someone can attack someone and leave them in a bloody mess and get there hand slapped , but when the religion, race card is used they want to hang you and ruin you. im not saying either is right or wrong what im saying is why not lets catch the real criminals and give them a proper sentence . but forestieri has been a bit silly here , contempt of court even if your just a witness they lock you up if you don't attend yet total scum out there are laughing . 

1 minute ago, cbirks said:

Ched Evans is charged with rape = Owlstalk shriek that he is guilty before being charged, and continue to after he is acquitted

FF is charged with threatening behaviour and racially aggravated harassment = Owlstalk call it 'a load of fuss over nothing', despite the ire of Mansfield players being evident both on the pitch and afterwards. 

What partisan hypocrisy. Any potential crime must be investigated, and unless you're in the courtroom you know nothing about guilt. Also, it is not Mansfield FC that have put this before a Magistrates' Court but the Crown Prosecution Service, and they do so on the basis of believing there is enough evidence to secure a conviction. Talk of boycotting Mansfield is pathetic; if someone abused Joao or Palmer you'd be screaming for it to be properly investigated. 

The guy was an embarrassment to our club that day, and his actions today - if deliberate - show he has no respect for SWFC's reputation, his own, our law, our legal system (if it is a load of nothing he'd get off!) or his victim.

in the above rant I cant see anywhere reference to the physical assaults on our players that would be criminal if off that pitch 

as for mansfield they can Feck off I wouldn't send any team whatsoever 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbirks said:

Yes, Owlstalk, that single collective opinion, and then there’s you, a lone voice of reason, posting it on Owlstalk.

• Haha 1

Should have sold him, lets the club down repeatedly, no class or respect, why not just turn up and deny charges then likely no further action.

Now they may want to make an example if a high profile name for contempt of court and jail him for a few weeks!

Will probably get sent down once his latest injury clears up :duntmatter:

Got a di canio ring to it

4 minutes ago, woodys said:

Maybe he has? 

Seriously ill in hospital  may get him off but not much else will cut it. 

Missed a flight from Argentina or Italy won’t 

Dont think a lot of people on here understand the gravity of the offence .

Not regarding Mansfield, it’s not turning up . 

8 minutes ago, cbirks said:

The difference is we Wednesday fans saw what happened. We didn't see what happened in some crummy hotel room 

Edited by pgmetcalf

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Whilst I understand that some people think the player should be moved on there is one point that always needs to be remembered...

A younger replacement with a better reputation would cost us considerably more than we would be able to recoup for him. 

Accepting the perils of FFP, and some footballers don't live in the real world, how much crap do we have to put up with. 

I don't think we can afford to replace the talent, bit we should be able to look beyond that.

Lest we forget -

Refusing to play.

His discipline, which attracts the wrong type of attention from referees.

His ability to fall over.

Punching a team mate in training.

Talk of racist comments.

What's next ?