why?

Guest The Claw

23 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I get the impression that Jos was arrogant and/or stubborn. 

We will never know what really went on with the frozen ones but joining the dots seems to suggest Jos did not like to be questioned. Just ask Mr Giddings if you disagree. 

My guess is that Jos was told the old guard were not going to be offered contracts in the summer, so was looking to give the youngsters experience in time for next season. 

28 minutes ago, southstand said:

Heard 2 senior pros ( bannan)was one of them) told Chansiri a few weeks ago they were unhappy with Jos which most likely led to his meeting with the players

i believe Jos days were numbered from then despite a veiled attempt to support him at fans forum

Hutchinson and Westwood months ago told jos what they thought,that's why they were not selected, was told by a first team player

30 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

My guess is that Jos was told the old guard were not going to be offered contracts in the summer, so was looking to give the youngsters experience in time for next season. 

Yeah, there is probably something in that. I think Jos got the balance wrong. He could have slowly phased younger players in through the season instead of putting players like Baker, Penney and Dawson all in at the same time. 

Guest The Claw
34 minutes ago, squonk said:

!. he might have 

2. He was stubborn stupid or just the gaffer 

3. ALLOWED ( to say nowt has been covered )

Not in this thread

59 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Very abstract responses there, cheers. Just going to settle down with some absinthe and I’ll get back to you.

To be fair, i think the original questions asked were reasonable given how it worked out for JL and the immediate improvement since his departure.

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, The Claw said:

seems all is going well, my questions.

a) why didn't bullen say sumat to lucky

b) if he did why didn't lucky listen

c) are the coaching staff only aloud to say nowt

C)  can they only say nowt quietly?

So let’s look at a few conspiracy theories posted on here recently......

1. DC picks the team not Jos......guess that’s a load of rubbish.

2. Jos is sat with a spreadsheet picking the team due to bonuses....nope, he used a dart board.

3. DC stopped KW, Hutch and Boyd playing due contract issues and a million pound bonus for KW......guess that was ballocks too....

Loving the unity on display by the players and of course the supporters the last 2 games, long may it continue but I can’t wait for the next instalment of NCIS Hillsborough to have another good laugh at the ‘ITK’ brigade

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Hitcat said:

I agree with that and for those reasons I do get what jos was trying to do. The problem was that he was going to get us relegated in the process.

11 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

So let’s look at a few conspiracy theories posted on here recently......

1. DC picks the team not Jos......guess that’s a load of rubbish.

2. Jos is sat with a spreadsheet picking the team due to bonuses....nope, he used a dart board.

3. DC stopped KW, Hutch and Boyd playing due contract issues and a million pound bonus for KW......guess that was ballocks too....

Loving the unity on display by the players and of course the supporters the last 2 games, long may it continue but I can’t wait for the next instalment of NCIS Hillsborough to have another good laugh at the ‘ITK’ brigade

The way we werr performing was just embarrassing and the answer to at least part of that was so blindingly obvious. Any fan on the crowd could have improved that team by simply putting a couple of the experienced players back in. The fact Jos just simply wouldn't do it was always going to spark theories that he was having his hands tied. It was just so utterly bizarre that I don't think fans could ever be blamed for coming to such conclusions. 

I think we can all agree that we are thankful that we were proved wrong. 

15 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I'm just gobsmacked DC didn't intervene considering he was payng a bunch of players very high wages to be ignored by Jos. In view of the results it was indefensible. 

DC couldn't get involved

Fans hate owners getting involved in team selections, he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't

15 hours ago, horny owl said:

It was the same when 'calamity Carlos' was here

Nothing changed week after week after week

Nobody looked like questioning his sh!te decisions and we just spiralled into oblivion because of it

If we can finally get a decent manager we can hopefully get back on track

bully like him as we do, (likely) isn't the next man in for the man citeh job if pep gets the boot.

that's also true of a good many other jobs too.

when you're in one of those jobs bully has, you have to remember a great many people can do your job, AND WILL given the opportunity.

so, you somewhat tow the party line, openly agree with the boss, when actually you think differently, job security, and more importantly 'income security' insists upon this.

you can 'hint', 'advise' and 'suggest', BUT if jos has said 'NO WAY', then it's not wise to 'object' for too long, also not wise to tie yourself in too much with him (as he may not be around all that long).

15 hours ago, horny owl said:

It was the same when 'calamity Carlos' was here

Nothing changed week after week after week

Nobody looked like questioning his sh!te decisions and we just spiralled into oblivion because of it

If we can finally get a decent manager we can hopefully get back on track

Which is probably why some people are sceptical about Bullen.

31 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Everyone seems to forget that Bullen wasn't even 2nd in command. In fact that leads me to a question does anybody know if Remi is still there?

He was there for Preston game, I was too pissed to see properly yesterday. :wacko: