thanks from westwood

Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s leaving. 24 hours ago it looked like his only chance of playing again easnif he left.

He won’t know what his future holds until a permanent manager is appointed.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer and one match doesn’t guarantee him staying. Think he’s just delighted to have played again.

If it helps, as I’ve said before, in recent weeks there was an approach from Leeds. They were told he was not available.

Whether that position has changed since, I don’t know.

You may recall me saying that for a player supposedly never playing for us again, it seemed a bit strange. Adding to the appearance in the U23s, it became clear he might still have a future here. I’m hoping so anyway.

My guess is that only a decent cash bid would see him leave in Jan. Else he’ll leave on a free at the end of the season.

15 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why do you think he’s one of the better professionals?

One of the more talented for sure...

Playing and delivering the goods - two ropey spells in over 4 years and people suggested he was done. 

If we really want to make it to the PL, we need a management team to be able to manage all types of personalities - like BFR did in 1990/1991. 

Sheridan had his faults, but always turned out on match day and delivered.

Grown men need other grown men to manage them.

He's out of contract in the summer and we probably won't be able to afford to offer him a new deal, so if anybody offers money in January, we'll have to take it.  

Will be a shame, but that's just where we are at the moment. Good to see him back today though. 

7 minutes ago, Animis said:

Playing and delivering the goods - two ropey spells in over 4 years and people suggested he was done. 

If we really want to make it to the PL, we need a management team to be able to manage all types of personalities - like BFR did in 1990/1991. 

Sheridan had his faults, but always turned out on match day and delivered.

Grown men need other grown men to manage them.

Ok - as thought, talent rather than professionalism

39 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Don’t like the “whatever happens over the next month” part. Sounds like he is leaving doesn’t it. Would be a massive mistake to let him go especially if it was to another championship club. For me he should be our number one, not just because imo he is our best keeper but also because he gives the defence so much more confidence. If he does leave I feel we will need to sign another keeper to be first choice. 

could mean whether he gets picked or not who knows but you could be right also

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Ok - as thought, talent rather than professionalism

So what's your definition of a professional?

Westwood stepping up today at short notice, when having been alienated for 6 months, in my book is fairly professional.

Of course, you may believe he brought the alienation on himself, which could suggest he's unprofessional.

I'll stick to the fact that the one management constant in four years, asked him to step in within 12 hrs of being 'in-charge'.

Okay let’s think logically hear about Westwood if he knew he was up for sale or going to another team in JanuaryDo you honestly think .

DC would allow him to play today he would overrule it he wouldn’t risk him getting injured .

Especially if he was in his plans to balance the FFP 

I just think he’s happy and overwhelmed by the support that he got today at Hillsborough

And obviously he’s out of contract very shortly and with the new manager coming in

he clearly doesn’t know his future .

but if it is Bruce that is coming in he thinks very highly of Westwood so I think he will get a new contract

obviously depending on his feelings about signing a new contract

Edited by TheEnd1976

It suggests he’s off either jan or summer. Which isn’t surprising given the situation we are in financially. 

If he is still here by the end of the jan window we need one of the others out on loan to be ready for next season.

At least it gives him a better send off than it would if Jos was here. Didn’t feel right just having him completely forgotten