Out of contract list

Despite some of them being incredible a couple of years ago, we need to move forward... We shouldn't be resigning anyone on that list at all. 

Kieran Lee was bought for next to nowt, changed position and then had an immense 3 seasons for us but we can't be sentimental. He'll be 31 in the summer and as it stands, he's not played a game for a year and only managed about 16 appearances in the 12 months before that. We can't offer someone like that a playing contract. He's definitely the type of character I'd want working with the kids though. You can tell his attitude and professionalism are top drawer. 

1 hour ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Hooper

Abdi

Boyd

Matias

Pudil

Westwood

Jones

K. Lee

Palmer

Preston

Would you have any serious problems if we let any of these go. 

Sadly , no, and probably 2 or 3 wont even play again unless something miraculous happens when they sign for someone else. Time will tell I suppose. This club needs a clean out from top to bottom and put a plan and time scale in place. Only with a new owner would that be achievable. 

1 hour ago, brazilowl said:

Should Nuhui be on the list or were we double stupid and gave him a two year contact?

At least he managed to put his boots and tried to be a footballer unlike that list. 

12 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Think we'll keep Preston, Palmer, Matias and Pudil.

Main reason as back ups. We aren't gonna have enough cash to sign replacements for everyone if we release them, so some would have to stay and these will be the cheapest for us (and probably best)

Keep Palmer? I suggest you keep off the "sherbert" before posting!

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Hooper

Abdi

Boyd

Matias

Pudil

Westwood

Jones

K. Lee

Palmer

Preston

Would you have any serious problems if we let any of these go. 

Nope, let them all go. Shame about Lee and Hooper but looks like their injuries have finished them. 

4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

If that lot leave and we get a few bob for FF and Reach. Then we really will be starting with a clean slate next season. We’ll only really have Fletcher on mega money

Personally I wouldn’t have a problem with Chansiri just putting his hands up tomorrow and saying sorry we are in the sh*t guys. We need to release the high earners and sell the players who can command a fee. And start again with a manager who can work with the young players and can be shrewd in the transfer market with free transfers and loans. 

Rather than try and pretend we are something we’re not which is a playoff chasing team and charging fans for that misconception 

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Personally I wouldn’t have a problem with Chansiri just putting his hands up tomorrow and saying sorry we are in the sh*t guys. We need to release the high earners and sell the players who can command a fee. And start again with a manager who can work with the young players and can be shrewd in the transfer market with free transfers and loans. 

Rather than try and pretend we are something we’re not which is a playoff chasing team and charging fans for that misconception 

Yeah I’d happily go along with that too

He gambled and it didn’t pay off. Fair enough

Get rid.

No room for sentiment.

Even if Hooper and Lee did make it back before the end of the season they are too much of a risk.

Sell Forestieri, Reach, Rhodes and Bannan too. Shift Fletcher on a free if possible. Consider decent offers for Joao too.

Clear the decks. Sort out our finances and let a new manager build his own squad. No more 30 something ex prem cast offs on big money.

Search Europe and lower leagues for young promising players who are fit and able to put a shift in for 90 mins without breaking down.

Get some loan players in from the big clubs if possible.

Reduce ticket prices accordingly.

Build for 2 years then we can spend again on 1 or 2 quality players. But younger players who are on the up.

Easy.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Get rid of the lot, if Keiren Lee can prove his fitness then give him a short term deal of 6 months but with the proviso that if he stays fit we will renegotiate. I still think Westwood is one of the best in the league but we need a manager who thinks the same, Bruce or a recognised British manager comes in and don't be surprised if Westwood signs a new deal when he is no 1 keeper again if not try and offload as many of them as we can in January so we save half a season of salaries and who knows we might find someone stupid enough to pay us a fee.

I would also be looking to get rid of Nuihu, Fox, Pelupessy, Hutch (if we continue to not play him).

Then decisions need to be made on Fessi with little over a year left in contract do we resign or sell on and replace with a younger better player or players we can improve over a few season into better players.

Any decent offers for Nando in January and I take them. All the years of being kicked has taken its toll add the suspensions and he struggles to give you half a season of appearances. 

Was a fantastic match winner, but sadly like many others is too much of a bit part player /passenger over a long hectic and hard season.