Sports Personality

34 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

If I was asked yesterday "who is Geraint Thomas?" I'd have said "Who"?

not watched the programme so had to google it as I didn't know who he was either and i'm a very keen cyclist …...looking what he's done though seems a worthy winner . 

12 minutes ago, A57Lincsowl said:

May be, if you want to attract posters, stop pointless comments like this. It's a forum, not an entrance exam for an Oxbridge degree!

No one has told you, so I will. Owlstalk has three posters, me, you and Neil. I may also

be Neil. 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Contradiction in terms since the millennium. Key requirement of being a pro sportsperson these days seems to be a triple charisma bypass.

Yes they should also have a biggest kn*bhead of the year award. Give something for Ronnie O’sullivan to take home every year 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A57Lincsowl said:

Looking forward to  getting to know you 1 or 2! 

One does not get to know me, one posts to me and depending on which name I sign in as will decide what reply I give.

If I’m in a playful mood I will sign in as @OWLERTON GHOST and post something about my king kongs finger, or the marriage wrecker as it’s official name, steak and how to get into a latex horses costume. 

If im in a silly mood I will just post about Betty and say FFS UTO FTB - I think this was @Costello 77 i use for that. 

If if I am in a reminiscing type of mood, I remember fondly memories of using toilet brushes on the classy ladies of the north, it’s @theowlsman I use. 

If im stood on a bridge, gun in one hand and half drunk two litre bottle of scotch in the other, my mind on the owners of the club every time I sign in as @Mr Farrell

We are all one person, your just talking to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

All the hype around England dumbfounded me this summer. 

Matches played — seven. Three wins, against Panama, Tunisia and Sweden. A draw against Colombia — with subsequent advancement via penalty kicks. And three defeats, twice to Belgium and in a semifinal to Croatia after leading with 22 minutes left.

Just read that again and tell me that this was a successful tournament.

I think the problem Chansiri has got is he’s gone the complete other way

He came in like a breath of fresh air improved the team and stadium out football was exciting as was activity off the pitch. It was great being a Wednesday fan we even had a charismatic manager it rolled over to season two but the failures started to appear 

His pricing structure as isolated many from local businesses, to potg fans. He’s had the loyalty and tested the pockets for even the loyalist of fans but telling us we need to back his pricing and the club and he can match us to spend.

unfortunatley a complete mismanagement of these funds as occurred poor recruitment, over paid, ageing, players crocked and on long contracts have cripple the clubs finances add to the fact we have stockpiled and frozen out players both in the youths and senior team. Where we could have turned over the squad better and recouped money 

The pricing soon seems to be hard to swallow 

the radio Sheffield scandal to sell the I follow thing was poorly handled too

as was this summers recruitiment With ffp 

there as been so many way ways to have the fans put money into this club for him apart the ridiculous prices like the plaques, 3,4,5 year season tickets. Etc....

and what have we got 

a team where senior pros can’t get into the under 23s

a team deprived of confidence with the results to match

a team right on course for relegation 

and a manager that’s lost the confidence of the fans 

a manager that looks completely beat and clueless to turn it around 

The club is very silent and I can’t undrstand for one minute in this mess why we haven’t made sooner moves to rectify it or reassure the fans of change 

I’ve got behind chansiri everytime but I must say I think his stewardship as a lot to answer for

what on earth does our chief exec Do? Is she a yes woman just collecting a wage 

our club is going backwards at a rapid rate and yet we sit and wait for what? Jos should have gone after the Norwich game what we are paying for and what we are getting as a product is nothing short of disgrace and therefore the outcome will always be with the lack of engagement a distant and angry fan base 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Contradiction in terms since the millennium. Key requirement of being a pro sportsperson these days seems to be a triple charisma bypass.

Thomas is actually a really nice, down to earth bloke, who after years of putting the effort in has now made his dream become reality.

Unfortunately, the SPOTY program seems to be getting worse, year by year.

59 minutes ago, Bukta said:

All the hype around England dumbfounded me this summer. 

Matches played — seven. Three wins, against Panama, Tunisia and Sweden. A draw against Colombia — with subsequent advancement via penalty kicks. And three defeats, twice to Belgium and in a semifinal to Croatia after leading with 22 minutes left.

Just read that again and tell me that this was a successful tournament.

It was compared to the last 6 or so tournaments.

9 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Question:Sadly what is the point of BBCSPOTY when there's so few live sports events on Free to Air TV such as the BBC ?.Time for it to be put out of it's misery tbh. :tango:

The BBC broadcasts more live sport than Sky, although admittedly radio helps them a lot.