Steve Bruce announced next week

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I must admit when we first announced the meeting I thought something would be happening. Especially just before Christmas. He could have waited a few more weeks if nothing going on.

However that's just speculation on my part as I know fizz all.

I really hope there is going to be some sort of positive news announced. However with DC I doubt anything positive will come from this meeting. 

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

It wasn’t a slagging off at all. I merely checked his last few months of posts re his claim to only post accurate stuff. I couldn’t find any so merely questioning what he had previously got right. 

Sorry Plonk, wasn't referring to you inparticular 

20 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

I'm not mad on Steve Bruce getting the job per se.

But if it means a proper football manager, with a full compliment of backroom staff and control over transfers then I'm all for it. 

Sounds good in theory but not sure how we would do it given our alleged financial situation.

Something is brewing - 100% 

I can’t see why Chansiri would call a fans forum at this time of year and arrange for it to be in the Octagon 

Im envisaging him announcing new investment and a new manager - hence get as many people in as possible and create an atmosphere which gives him the adulation that he probably is expecting on the back of the news? 

It just wouldnt happen usually - we could cap the tickets, and say that’s it. 

Expecting Jos to be gone after the weekend and Bruce in with the news that we can spend in Jan and not have any FFP impact on us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

I can’t see why Chansiri would call a fans forum at this time of year and arrange for it to be in the Octagon 

Im envisaging him announcing new investment and a new manager - hence get as many people in as possible and create an atmosphere which gives him the adulation that he probably is expecting on the back of the news? 

Expecting Jos to be gone after the weekend and Bruce in with the news that we can spend in Jan and not have any FFP impact on us.

I wish. 

19 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really hope there is going to be some sort of positive news announced. However with DC I doubt anything positive will come from this meeting. 

DC is going to announce we are having a christmas cakeball,  and have it wheeled on stage by the new manager.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Someone told me last Saturday that Jos' contract runs out after the next match. It wasn't an in ITK type of statement just something mentioned in a chat.

Appointed 5th January, why would it expire on 16th Dec? Unless he’s got a few weeks holiday to take?

9 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

cinderella-dream.gif

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Bruce with a 30m transfer budget in January on the back of news from the EFL  that the 39m over 3 years limit has doubled due to rises in players' wages since the limit was originally set.

What could possibly go wrong?

:duntmatter:

Maybe news that we've already exceeded the new limit :picnic:

• Haha 1