‘We Must See The Reality’

‘JL on boos at HT and FT: “I can understand that but I think the fans live in the past of 2 or 3 years ago. They must see the reality.’

Ultimately he’s trying to dampen expectations here, but he’s reaffirmed this twice in a week now - why?

Is there something more to this? I can’t help but think from the top down he’s being told X,Y and Z about our situation (basically we’re f00ked but your job is to stay afloat until we can sort ourselves out) but the pressure seems to finally be cracking on him now he’s hearing it from the terraces

I just find it strange he’s started playing down expectations now when 5 games ago he never mentioned this at all - it was just the usual chat of we tried, we go again next week, we’re working hard etc. 

I still don’t know how we’ve come from that game against West Brom where we were 110% all over the park and played like a top 10 side where we almost beat em, to a side of no marks who don’t even look like they understand how to play any combinations or even pass in triangles. Sad. 

731CD64A-A01E-4253-9027-0D1D3ADC0F4A.png

FE7C7EB3-BBCA-4A0B-8A2E-4E4ED8080AF9.png

The reality is we have a bigger squad than he is willing to use....

He is blaming the old regime.

If Boyd, Jones, Hutch and Westwood and are injured then why not tell us that? 

But in reality.....they are not injured. They are just ignored...

Edited by CF83OWL

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

‘JL on boos at HT and FT: “I can understand that but I think the fans live in the past of 2 or 3 years ago. They must see the reality.’

Ultimately he’s trying to dampen expectations here, but he’s reaffirmed this twice in a week now - why?

Is there something more to this? I can’t help but think from the top down he’s being told X,Y and Z about our situation (basically we’re f00ked but your job is to stay afloat until we can sort ourselves out) but the pressure seems to finally be cracking on him now he’s hearing it from the terraces

I just find it strange he’s started playing down expectations now when 5 games ago he never mentioned this at all - it was just the usual chat of we tried, we go again next week, we’re working hard etc. 

I still don’t know how we’ve come from that game against West Brom where we were 110% all over the park and played like a top 10 side where we almost beat em, to a side of no marks who don’t even look like they understand how to play any combinations or even pass in triangles. Sad. 

731CD64A-A01E-4253-9027-0D1D3ADC0F4A.png

FE7C7EB3-BBCA-4A0B-8A2E-4E4ED8080AF9.png

You've been booing the team for the last five years regardless of who has been in charge...go figure

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

The reality is that this squad of players should be doing much better. 

Most posters seem to ignore that fact on here that they are paid very well for what they don't do.....

They are mostly over the hill and over rated, past it has been's, sorry but it's true

from top to bottom in the club they are all doing a fairly shitty job from what i can read and see

Edited by steveger
  • Thanks 1

The worrying thing is that he has apparently told the media that this team isn’t good enough to get promoted

Surely the players must be hearing the same message too, so what is their motivation now?

A couple of more wins and we could have been in touching distance of the play offs but Jos says we aren’t good enough

So... for the fans who are paying top whack for tickets... what is the ambition for this season?

If we sit back and just accept this then we get what we deserve

As already said we have the players capable the problem is the man management. You have to inspire and motivate, Joss is not the man capable of doing this.

Not picking of fox but today he had zero confidence and the players could see this and refused to pass to him near the end.

Joss mentioned that we need to look at the reality, in that we arnt a top side any more. Someone needs to tell him, last season Cardiff weren't good enough yet they went up. Lecister weren't good enough but they won the league.get the players heads in the right place and you can make s h I t sparkle.

Edited by agentwalker

He isn't wrong though is he? We have blown our load, and the reason we were able to scrape through the embargo was likely an agreement that all the high earners out of contract would not be played, would be released at the end of the season (or sooner), and their appearance fees, clean sheet bonuses, etc, wouldn't be outgoings as they would never have a chance to earn them.

I don't get whats taking our fans so long to realise this - We can't afford to play these guys and pay their appearance fees and bonuses, we can't afford to keep them after this season. We need them off the books asap and are hoping someone will take them in January.

Jos is not the right guy to get this team going, but in his above statements, he isn't wrong at all - Our expectation levels need to drop massively, and we need to open our eyes to the reality that each time one of those guys walks onto the pitch, they are paid a hefty appearance fee.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

First thing a new manager would do as a minimum is get Westwood, Boyd, Abdi Jones and Hutchinson at least part of the first team.

Ridiculous that none of these ever make the 18. 

its not though with regards Boyd, Abdiand Jones

Case for Westwood and Hutch

but the other 3 have been gash so why bring em back in

This winds me up it really does. The reality, from a fans perspective, is that we’re asked to pay the highest prices in the division to watch largely uninspiring, slow-paced negative football; while at the same time helping to subsidise the wages of a bunch of players who are either underperforming, permanently injured or ignored for selection due to the failings of the current and previous management. 

I’d say the reality is burning bright for all of us and we’ve got every right to let out a few boos because of it. 

He’s gone backwards. Where is the stuff we was playing against Preston, Reading and Norwich at the end of last season? Same players but now we don’t seem to be able to string two passes together. 

We aren’t the problem. Our chairman set an unrealistic target of promotion or bust when to any half brained fan could see this squad was poor. Then yet again it comes back to ticket pricing, if your paying more then any other club in the league and your being told that’s so we can compete at the top end of the table and then we aren’t competing at the top end of the table people aren’t going to be happy! 

Club needa a re shape top to bottom. Absolutely toxic right now. 

6 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

its not though with regards Boyd, Abdiand Jones

Case for Westwood and Hutch

but the other 3 have been gash so why bring em back in

They would get a clean slate with a new manager who may get some thing out of them. Just like Jos did with Nuhiu.  They are the type of experienced players a new manager may look towards. 

Granted after 3 games he may also decide they are rubbish. But to have so may experienced players out the first team picture is part of our problem.

Edited by pazowl55