From a player.......

15 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

1 performance for the fans tonight, but the original post fits in what everything that has gone on before. 

Not really - we’ve had good performances periodically throughout the season, the inconsistency has much more to do with an inexperienced young team than anything else. 

Man management is about getting the best from your players.

We were excited that Jos seemed to be able to get the best out of Nuhiu and Joao at the back end of last season.

We were frustrated when he dropped Nando but it seemed to bring a unity in the rest of the team. Fair enough.

But now it all seems to be going wrong. For whatever reason, having so many of the more experienced players frozen out must be terrible for the collective morale. Sure, by all means drop them for a game if it means getting them back all fired up but to just consign them to the dustbin with no right of reply can only go in one direction.

I'm not saying any of the 'forgotten few' would be our saviours but don't tell me Hutch, Jones, Boyd or even Abdi wouldn't be more useful in midfield than Penney, Preston or Kirby. We've already dropped points this season by bringing on inexperienced youngsters into the midfield. We can't afford to keep on doing it. If he casts that lot aside, the players left at his disposal simply aren't good enough.

Jos might not have lost the dressing room. But it sounds like he's lost some of the dressing room. So there's ill-feeling and cliques. With our current lack of quality, we need all the unity we can muster. I can't see us achieving that with this manager.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, prowl said:

Players are under contract and get paid a lot of money to play for the club not run it. If they don't like what is going on they should man up and put in a transfer request.

I've no way of knowing if the OP is true but the players can't be allowed to dictate who plays and how we play. If they try to then the manager should discipline them, if they don't fall into line then they shouldn't play for the club until they do.

There was a lack of discipline at the club under Carlos, it needed sorting. If that means we have to change half the squad to get everyone pulling together so be it.

I've no idea if Jos should stay or go but I don't want players having tantrums if they can't get their own way.

There is another point of view, though isn't there?  If several experienced players feel that the tactics and training methods are wrong, then maybe there's actually something wrong with Jos' approach.  If it was just one player, fair enough, but as many as this seems like major problems to me.

Certainly if these players are fit and performed well in traing, it would seem professional suicide to leave them out. Recent results would indicate that too (notwithstanding last night's performance).

3 hours ago, davetherivelinowl said:

I'm not saying any of the 'forgotten few' would be our saviours but don't tell me Hutch, Jones, Boyd or even Abdi wouldn't be more useful in midfield than Penney, Preston or Kirby.

So how many games have Preston and Kirby played? It's not like they are starting every week, and the 4 players you mention have hardly enhanced their reputation over recent months.

22 hours ago, AwokenGiant said:

My Uncles parrot best friend tells me...my best mates great Grandad’s dog talks bull! 

I’ve had something from the horse’s mouth but I’m staying as quiet as a mouse. No PMs will be answered. I won’t be badgered.

On a similar subject though, I thought this guy did ok last night. Finally caught up with the game.

02C7FE12-000D-4DEB-937B-353085C735AC.gif

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The only injuries at the club are Gary Hooper and Kieran Lee, with Winnall on his way back.

The following senior players have had run ins with Jos reference training and tactics, Bannan, Forestieri, Jones, Hutchinson, Abdi, Westwood and Boyd.

Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones, Abdi and Boyd have been dropped and won't be considered for selection.

Bannan and Forestieri are too valuable to the first team and Jos is scared of the backlash of leaving them out.

There are no financial reasons for players to be left out, it is all about the managers decisions.

The players believe that a big defeat tonight will see the manager sacked and some of them are desperate for him to go.

Very worrying and only ends one way.

So Bannan signed a new contract lol

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The only injuries at the club are Gary Hooper and Kieran Lee, with Winnall on his way back.

The following senior players have had run ins with Jos reference training and tactics, Bannan, Forestieri, Jones, Hutchinson, Abdi, Westwood and Boyd.

Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones, Abdi and Boyd have been dropped and won't be considered for selection.

Bannan and Forestieri are too valuable to the first team and Jos is scared of the backlash of leaving them out.

There are no financial reasons for players to be left out, it is all about the managers decisions.

The players believe that a big defeat tonight will see the manager sacked and some of them are desperate for him to go.

Been told exactly the same.

plus the frozen out senior players are also banned from the first team completely and training with what’s left of the U23 squad.

23 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Very worrying if true, to be fair it really wouldn't surprise me.

I'm sure many posters have had disagreements with managers over the years and Forestieri has also had his fair share. Bannan strikes me as someone that will always put in the effort and not shy at voicing his opinion. Hutchinson has played his part in games but is a liability when it comes to discipline and fitness. According to this website Jones all of a sudden seems to have become a world beater during his team out if the side when last season he wasn't worth a shirt. Boyd has been hopeless during his time here and as for Abdi he has been an absolute car crash of a signing.  I don't think the youngsters have done themselves any harm and they can only get better with experience and game time.

On 09/11/2018 at 18:56, Sgt Wednesday said:

Fake news which does no-one any good or any justice.  And all unattributable, conveniently.  What rubbish...

4 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve had something from the horse’s mouth but I’m staying as quiet as a mouse. No PMs will be answered. I won’t be badgered.

On a similar subject though, I thought this guy did ok last night. Finally caught up with the game.

02C7FE12-000D-4DEB-937B-353085C735AC.gif

Other than getting under the ball with only the keeper to beat.