From a player.......

11 hours ago, CLswfc said:

So FF is that valuable so he played him tonight. Oh wait a mo............... Utter crap spouted on this site and Its obvious loads on here are really wanting Wednesday to fail just to get the manager out. Not many sound suggestions to take over his role at present except Mad Mick. What a shambles all round. 

Do you really think that people would sign up, confirm their email and stick around to log on every day and make thousands of posts, just in the name of wanting Wednesday to fail?

I mean, i see a lot of posts of this ilk, with other posters calling each 'oinkers' or inferring they're a blade. But to say people post this discussion, because they want the club to fail, well i personally think anyone doing that would have some mental health problems. 

As for Jos, i have been vocal since day one about him. I have family in germany and i have friends who support Hertha, who when he got them promoted were nailed on to go up, it was no master stroke from Jos to get them promoted and in truth the fans did not enjoy the football at all. He's just not that good a coach and his disciplinarian ways which have isolated players at just about every club (according to my mate) have been key reasons for him losing the jobs he's had before. 

The quality of players we have is not great and some of those mentioned are finished in terms of career and their performances have been sub standard. With the current squad any manager would have difficulty fashioning a winning team. last night he reverted to mass defence tactics which seems only way current bunch can keep a clean sheet. 

15 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The players believe that a big defeat tonight will see the manager sacked and some of them are desperate for him to go.

How bad are our lot then, eh?

They try to lose a game away at our bitterest rivals whose tails are up and who were smelling blood, and they somehow conspire to get a draw!

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Amazing to think some fans don’t think there’s any problems whatsoever. 

It’s one thing to think that there is nothing wrong with the club but it’s another to spread rumours without any substance for the sake of it

Its pig propaganda... nothing more than Pigaganda 

15 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

The only injuries at the club are Gary Hooper and Kieran Lee, with Winnall on his way back.

The following senior players have had run ins with Jos reference training and tactics, Bannan, Forestieri, Jones, Hutchinson, Abdi, Westwood and Boyd.

Westwood, Hutchinson, Jones, Abdi and Boyd have been dropped and won't be considered for selection.

Bannan and Forestieri are too valuable to the first team and Jos is scared of the backlash of leaving them out.

There are no financial reasons for players to be left out, it is all about the managers decisions.

The players believe that a big defeat tonight will see the manager sacked and some of them are desperate for him to go.

Very worrying and only ends one way.

Yea we really have missed Abdi his contribution over the last two seasons has been the sum of f all !

These players are not the future of the club, so lets just move on. 

• Like 1

Just now, cognacbarnowl said:

@Big Jack These players may not be the future of our club. But they may be able to help ensure that our immediate future isn't in the division below where we are.

FFP
FFS

Well A) Cant see us getting relegated B) Abdi, Jones and Boyd our saviours get real, they have all contributed f all . I will stick with the kids for now at least they put a shift in.

What I find most frustrating is I don't actually know what's going on. I don't expect the club to give me daily updates or do their dirty laundry in public. But all the rumours and conspiracies come from the frustration of not knowing and watching some poor football. I don't know if DC's or Jos is in charge, or if we have some player's that think they should run the club.

I also have no clue what we trying to achieve on the pitch, and I have no real clue who the club considers our first eleven to be! I don't know who is injured or not, inform player's get dropped without explanation, it's baffling and frustrating. The frigging sheep shaggers ran out the same 11 against Boro, West Brom and the pigs, playing the 3 matches in 7 days! Are our lot really so unfit and fragile we couldn't do that! It was positive to get the clean sheet last night, but the next match could more weird team selections and different shapes, and we still won't win if we can't score.

I can't see us beating Derby, because at the moment you have to score against them, although on recent form they might even do that for us. But it is the matches after that, where we are playing those above and around us that worry me more.

In truth, I don't know if Jos is the man, or who could be the man. Jos's selection and tactics don't give me hope. Equally I don't look at the current unemployed English manager's with any real joy, I don't feel being English or even having some Yorkshire grit makes a good manager. But I feel the likes of Mick Mc would give us some direction. It might be a stop gap again, but I want to stay up. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Well A) Cant see us getting relegated B) Abdi, Jones and Boyd our saviours get real, they have all contributed f all . I will stick with the kids for now at least they put a shift in.

We're only 5 points above the bottom four Jack. Another run like the one after the last international break could see us in a scrap to stay up. I never mentioned any names, especially not as being our saviours, but we do need more experienced players around the matchday squad again. The young guns have done ok, but having senior pro's around and in good spirits can only help them'.

As for your named players contribution being the sum of feck all, I agree with you. But ever since they arrived here not one of them has had a prolonged run in the side  and have more times than not been played out of position in the few games they have played. I'm not shouting their corner, nor for their immediate inclusion, but I can see the hand they have been dealt.

15 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Jos is a weapon, and not in a good way.  

We really need a good, strong, English manager who can get his arm around players or give them rollickings as appropriate but plays our best players.  I know Abdi has been injured but apparently been class in training - a Prem midfielder and we're desperate for creativity.

JOKE.

Abdi , that waste of space should shut up and do as he’s told. Had plenty out the club for doing nothing . 

12 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Just as well the players that played dont have the ego's of our high earning big time charlies and played for the shirt

Glad that the players stepped up and put in a gritty performance rather than throwing the towel in on the manager as was suggested.

However, it is clear to see that the display was one of pride rather than any belief in what we are doing will take us forward. We play with a different formation with different players every week - given that we are in the bottom 3 in the division for all the stats like clean sheets, goals against, shots conceded, chances created etc. that is clearly not working.

Where is the substance to say that any 'big time charlies' are to blame? Players like Westwood and Hutchinson have helped bring us relative success and Jones has had a successful career at a higher level. They have never looked like being big time charlies on the pitch and have always put a shift in. Maybe they have been outspoken on the training ground with what they have seen, I am sure this is part and parcel of dealing with successful players. Our way of dealing with this appears to be to cast them aside.

We have picked up 1 point from 5 games and only managed that by playing without any attacking intent whatsoever. Must be as frustrating to play in as it is to watch. 

10 months on since his first game in charge Jos has not developed an effective way of combining defending and attacking, has not nailed down a preferred shape or a preferred choice of line up in any area of the pitch and has had to go back to the basics of how he started his reign with us. Not good enough.

59 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Do you really think that people would sign up, confirm their email and stick around to log on every day and make thousands of posts, just in the name of wanting Wednesday to fail?

I mean, i see a lot of posts of this ilk, with other posters calling each 'oinkers' or inferring they're a blade. But to say people post this discussion, because they want the club to fail, well i personally think anyone doing that would have some mental health problems. 

As for Jos, i have been vocal since day one about him. I have family in germany and i have friends who support Hertha, who when he got them promoted were nailed on to go up, it was no master stroke from Jos to get them promoted and in truth the fans did not enjoy the football at all. He's just not that good a coach and his disciplinarian ways which have isolated players at just about every club (according to my mate) have been key reasons for him losing the jobs he's had before. 

This

16 hours ago, Bleeder said:

If true this is tragic. Even if he's a decent coach his man management is surely...... erm,  'questionable'

But he has run successful promotion campaigns, so who's to say he wrong.  Rather that than a players' patsy.  If he's not happy, he'll walk, he's done that before...

1 hour ago, cognacbarnowl said:

We're only 5 points above the bottom four Jack. Another run like the one after the last international break could see us in a scrap to stay up. I never mentioned any names, especially not as being our saviours, but we do need more experienced players around the matchday squad again. The young guns have done ok, but having senior pro's around and in good spirits can only help them'.

As for your named players contribution being the sum of feck all, I agree with you. But ever since they arrived here not one of them has had a prolonged run in the side  and have more times than not been played out of position in the few games they have played. I'm not shouting their corner, nor for their immediate inclusion, but I can see the hand they have been dealt.

Before the season started it was going to be a difficult one, anticipate mid table or just below. Relegation no, there are worse teams than us. We are rebuilding after going close but spending reckless amounts on ageing players. The direction has to change and it is going to be  a difficult season but it has to be endured in order to move forward.

• Thanks 1