When Jos is eventually shown the door it's time to end this current infatuation with foreign managers with mixed success in foreign leagues. 

It's also not the right path to go with old guard stalwarts like Big Mick, Big Sam, Ginger Whinger, Big Nige etc. 

It's time do what Derby and Rangers have done. Take a recently retired big name player or one about to hang up their boots and looking for their first opportunity. New ideas. Good contacts in the game. A vision. 

People like Rio Ferdinand, Scholes, Carrick perhaps. 

You never know what's round the corner. DJ came in and took us on a huge unbeaten run. Still half the season to go and stranger things have happened than a mediocre team finding good form in last 20 or so games and climbing the table. Let's not right the season off yet! 

I think we have taken enough gambles with managers.

The problem we have is financial situation of club will severely restrict the options a manager has available to him. 

Not many will take this on particularly with the current squad we have which is unbalanced. Some know how is definitely required.

Personally would not mind seeing someone like Scholes or Carrick paired with more experienced guy. Ferdinand when doing summaries on TV does not inspire me at all.

They'd want wages north of what all our players are currently on.

Also McCarthy, Holloway, Megson etc may bring a degree of risk but at least you know they can actually manage a football club which is more than can be said for ex-players looking for their first foray into management. Anything more risky than the "old guard" at this point would be inadvisable imo.

Guest charmer

I do reckon the New manager will have Ginger hair. Now this means it will be Sir Gary Megson or it could be the legend Steve McLaren. Either way they would both be better than Jos. 

Lets go mad lets Get Di Canio with Carbone as his No 2, at least it would be fun watching and come the summer when everyone leaves we can register the pair as players because both will be quicker than Nuihu and show more passion and pride than Joao.

Both are foreign so the chairman will love them, Di Canio has pedigree of getting Swindon promoted and has managed in the top flight. Both are out of work so no Compensation to pay and can you imagine what the kids will learn working in training with the two of the week in week out. 

• Haha 2

Just now, room0035 said:

Lets go mad lets Get Di Canio with Carbone as his No 2, at least it would be fun watching and come the summer when everyone leaves we can register the pair as players because both will be quicker than Nuihu and show more passion and pride than Joao.

Both are foreign so the chairman will love them, Di Canio has pedigree of getting Swindon promoted and has managed in the top flight. Both are out of work so no Compensation to pay and can you imagine what the kids will learn working in training with the two of the week in week out. 

I forgot about the merchandise we could sell to the fans like to push over Paul Alcock dolls or Di Canio shorts or Carbone alice bands.

I'd get someone who knows the league till the end of the season, like Add to dictionary or McCarthy.

Then look at someone who's a bit younger at end of season who's a bit high profile who will attract players and gain instant respect from those who are here.

Carrick would be a good shout, Bergkamp?

Or

Hopefully Jovankovic will be shown the door soon by Fulham and DC will make the right decision quickly to get rid of Jos and get Jovankovic in.

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

If Jos wasn't a gamble then I'm at a loss as to what is a gamble.

DC is not a good gambler. In fact he should be banned from gambling.

We need a no ***** no balllax experienced manager now

Sorry moment of weakness I don't want Megson though i wouldn't mine a combination of Sheridan/Waddle/Palmer or Worthington

The only ones suitable for the situation we are in is an old head - a veteran of this division.

MM, Ian Holloway, yes Megson - no problems here at all.

It's encouraging that MM has expressed his interest in being our manager - as my only thought on why he wouldn't is because of the owners style, the people giving him advice and the nature of his other appointments.

These managers will know they are walking into a situation where player sales will happen in January and they'll have very little money to spend on replacements - but hopefully they're doing it for the challenge and the scale (and the wages) rather than because they want or expect a treasure chest to play with - because it ain't happening.