Chansiri kicking off

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

I'm not sure I find it funny to be honest. 

I just feel a bit disappointed that it has come to this. 

it isn't funny it couldn't be more the opposite I don't know where this will end ,chansiri might well sell bannan ,reach in January then let us rot get relegated and return home im not sure how low we are going to go before we level out. 

Chansiri has put his money in and backed the club. Sadly though he has been badly advised or he doesnt listen. He will come in for critcism as he has failed to embrace the fans or realise the working class area the club is based in. He has alienated the fanbase with ridiculous prices for 2nd division football charging more than the premier league champions. Now the promise of premier league football looks further away than ever. He has appointed 2 leftfield managers 1 who had some success the 2nd looks totally out of his depth. He needs to act now or we are heading for a relegation battle at best and catastrophe at worst. 

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

You still haven’t said how referring to a difficult week is making excuses...mainly because it isn’t. Just saying it over and over again doesn’t make it right.

Where chansiri is concerned, I’m mindful and grateful that he’s put more money in here than anyone else in my lifetime, very nearly got us up on two occasions. But it has gone very wrong and we are in a tight spot. I always remember the reference to us making sure we work within FFP so to not have done that is particularly frustrating. But whether you agree with his methods of revenue generation or not (I haven’t agreed with some of them) I think he’s done what he thought best (why wouldn’t he at a loss of 20m a season to pay) and wanted to have the club competing with the best in this league as quickly as possible...signing and retaining a few fan favourites too.

I think we are at an important cross roads. He needs to either sell to someone who can match what he puts in or change his mode of operating to make us a sustained challenger and there have been some signs on the latter but we haven’t paid for the outcome of the last two seasons yet. 

Quite why an unrelated reference to him  having a difficult week on a personal level and not supporting abuse of  a guy central to our future after a hammering at Home is “disgusting” probably says more about you than the imaginary apologists you are referring to.

Leicester has nothing to do with his long term mismanagement. Simple as and end of.

Time for our Chairman to accept some accountability.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

None at all.

its just back to square one.

tbh it wont be will it?   if this (and it could easily) gets extremely messy  we will be worse off than when MM left us and possibly  back to 2012 dark days 

Just now, Blatter said:

Don’t think it’s a saleable commodity as it stands.

Heavily loss making and heading for another transfer embargo and possible points deduction.

And that's the problem. 'Selling up' just isn't an option unless DC takes a huge hit in the pocket. Which won't happen. The only realistic way out of this is clever management and time. We are seriously behind the 8 ball here.

My only thought would be to sell FF and Reach in January, somehow stay in the league, then clear the decks of all these big contracts next summer. We've then got a relatively clean piece of paper to have another go. 

7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

id take league 1 now if it meant chansiri ,jos,and this sorry lot on the pitch leaving and us debt free and starting again the club is on the biggest downer in our recent history ,we aint together anymore its very sad. 

I’d take a step backwards to go forwards. 

Put someone like Megson or Hurst in charge, sort out the financial mess by selling players and then hope to start again in league 1 as Blackburn did, and Sunderland are trying now 

Just now, steelowl said:

tbh it wont be will it?   if this (and it could easily) gets extremely messy  we will be worse off than when MM left us and possibly  back to 2012 dark days 

It could do.

i still think Chansiri will want to maximise his return.  Therefore, I expect him to spend the minimum possible to keep us in this division whilst trying to give a new owner as much wriggle room as possible FFP wise.

Saleable assets leave in January, decent loan players acquired.

The question is, can we find a new owner?

Just now, vulva said:

And that's the problem. 'Selling up' just isn't an option unless DC takes a huge hit in the pocket. Which won't happen. The only realistic way out of this is clever management and time. We are seriously behind the 8 ball here.

My only thought would be to sell FF and Reach in January, somehow stay in the league, then clear the decks of all these big contracts next summer. We've then got a relatively clean piece of paper to have another go. 

yes agree and I'm prepared to explain to everyone who doesn't understand why 

then get HW to run the ship for him  it's the only way I see forward 

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’d take a step backwards to go forwards. 

Put someone like Megson or Hurst in charge, sort out the financial mess by selling players and then hope to start again in league 1 as Blackburn did, and Sunderland are trying now 

I would go down the Derby route and give a recently retired player an opportunity. Someone like Craig Bellamy. Bit left field, but the game has left a lot of the older managers behind. 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

yes agree and I'm prepared to explain to everyone who doesn't understand why 

then get HW to run the ship for him  it's the only way I see forward 

Thing about Reach, he will never be worth more than what he is now. Those goals have added a few £m onto his value.