Chansiri kicking off

Guest Hillsborough Mole
26 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We need to be careful with the abuse. The Thai people don’t take kindly to people abusing them or their family. It’s not the end of the world, this has been building for a while, and yes we need a change, but it’s a time for cool heads. DC could just stop funding the club, and there won’t be many people interested in buying it. With the tap turned, the club would just stagnate

Stagnate?

You mean like dropping down the division like a stone with terrible performances, the atmosphere in the ground worsening, crowds dwindling, heavy defeats and seemingly no way out of it??

Yeah, you're right that would be terrible. I'm so glad its not like that just now

19 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

You can go back to the beginning of Chansiri's chairmanship and read my posts to realise I have never really been comfortable whilst he has held the position. But why the feck do people have to confront him this way and abuse him? 

It’s not personal is it, so don’t think I’d say it’s abuse. “Why did you hire him” “sack him” isn’t abuse, I didn’t hear anyone call him an effing so and so 

Careful now!

Two promotions from Div One in 20 odd years are our best recent times pre Chansiri. Yes it's worse than the past few years but not as bad as it was before he came in.

And you really can't sack an owner. You can pizz em off though

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s not personal is it, so don’t think I’d say it’s abuse. “Why did you hire him” “sack him” isn’t abuse, I didn’t hear anyone call him an effing so and so 

OK, I believe that people who hold public positions (as the chairman of a football club does) should be open to and able to cope with criticism. If what you say is true, that is fine as long as it falls short of abuse.

5 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Was he advised by someone or something to appoint Jos?

Not to my knowledge. Spoke about how he interviewed. Ultimately, no matter how it's dressed up he's responsible for the manager and the fact financially our hand are tied behind our backs for the next 18 months, minimum.

Can't knock the level of investment, but what he's done with it is starting to look like the sequel to Brewster's Millions.

Must admit feel sorry for the Guy ,He admits he knows nothing about football ,But having said that he had on hand ,Wisdom of a man who is 100% Wednesday and won the premier ,Why not have Wilkinson to help him ,To advise and help . Abusing Mr Chansiri  will not make things any better . But he needs someone who has this club in his very soul to help him .

9 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Hope he’s doesn’t get all Karl Oyston on us

Could easly bite us in the arse come january he could sell bannan, reach, ff pocket money then put the club up for sale.

Edited by Hodgyowl

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

IF true it's the beginning of the end  

awful to think it but we may have to go down to get out from under this regime's mess

id take league 1 now if it meant chansiri ,jos,and this sorry lot on the pitch leaving and us debt free and starting again the club is on the biggest downer in our recent history ,we aint together anymore its very sad. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Hodgyowl said:

Could easly bite us in the are come january he could sell bannan, reach, ff pocket money then put the club up for sale.

I'd expect him to sell at least 2 of those anyway mate 

we aren't going up and we have 'big trouble' to avoid 

55 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Crock of poo .

A challenging week, as it has been for all fans of football 

Our Chairman has been disasterous for months not weeks.

Apologist hiding behind Leicester won't wash.

You still haven’t said how referring to a difficult week is making excuses...mainly because it isn’t. Just saying it over and over again doesn’t make it right.

Where chansiri is concerned, I’m mindful and grateful that he’s put more money in here than anyone else in my lifetime, very nearly got us up on two occasions. But it has gone very wrong and we are in a tight spot. I always remember the reference to us making sure we work within FFP so to not have done that is particularly frustrating. But whether you agree with his methods of revenue generation or not (I haven’t agreed with some of them) I think he’s done what he thought best (why wouldn’t he at a loss of 20m a season to pay) and wanted to have the club competing with the best in this league as quickly as possible...signing and retaining a few fan favourites too.

I think we are at an important cross roads. He needs to either sell to someone who can match what he puts in or change his mode of operating to make us a sustained challenger and there have been some signs on the latter but we haven’t paid for the outcome of the last two seasons yet. 

Quite why an unrelated reference to him  having a difficult week on a personal level and not supporting abuse of  a guy central to our future after a hammering at Home is “disgusting” probably says more about you than the imaginary apologists you are referring to.

• Thanks 1